Sign in to follow this  
Dazza74

Program Pin Error on FMC and other little anomalies

Recently upgraded to Windows 10 the other day and now getting this Program Pin Error message on the FMC and other little anomalies such as unable to delete entries and copy and paste functionality also. The FMC also appears to lock up & freeze then becoming unusable both on the ground and inflight. Prior to this upgrade I have never seen this message before in the NGX.  Using ASN and Pro ATCX.

Any clues?

Regards

Darren Harband

now getting this Program Pin Error message

Several years ago I received this message flying toward KLAX. I had a STAR and Approach entered into the FMC. I decided to change both the STAR and Approach. I changed the STAR and Approach back to the original. I executed after each change The route in the FMC had bits and pieces of two STARS and Approaches,  3 discos plus a complete STAR and Approach. Two much junk in the FMC. I would imagine it just threw up it's at that point and said enough. So it gave me the Pin Error message and froze. This was using FSX and Windows 7. Maybe this well give you some insight into what might cause the problem or maybe it doesn't ever apply in your situation. 

This Morning I completey removed the NGX from my computer and then reinstalled it. I also refreshed Nav Data Pro even though it was the latest version and still the problem persists. I also have been experimenting and it appears that as soon as I select a SID is when I get the error. Would Pro ATC-X and the NGX have some incompatibility lurking somewhere? Please help me with this.

Regards

Darren Harband

Would Pro ATC-X and the NGX have some incompatibility lurking somewhere? Please help me with this.

Possibly, but neither myself or the developer can reproduce it, and I have loaded many fights via the ProATC plan.

Indeed the only time I ever encountered a PIN ERROR ProATC wasn't used at all so clearly the issue isn't solely related to ProATC.

I did submit a ticket with a ProATC flightplan attached requesting assistance in identifying any issue but it was declined as a ProATC issue.

I did submit a ticket with a ProATC flightplan attached requesting assistance in identifying any issue but it was declined as a ProATC issue.

This is interesting. The PIN errors started happening after users started installing the latest NGX version. This is the main reason, I haven't updated to the latest NGX version. No PIN errors with the old version.

Up to installing ProATC-X,  I had never received the PIN error messages. It has been happening more and more just lately and indeed, today was the final straw for me. I have a relatively new system - ie mother board, processor, memory and GPU etc but have wondered if it is my old Windows Vista that is causing the problem. It is very frustrating. Just recently the entire system has frozen mid flight too. I have plenty of memory and a decent processor and GPU.

I wondered if the Nav data was the problem as the first time it happened, I reinstalled the nav data and the problem seemed to disappear. I subscribe to Navigraph and once a month renew the data to PMDG and ProATC-X. Seems the data updates are not the issue.

I am generally having cockpit issues at the moment - the computer is not connected to the internet unless an update is required- so am pondering about wiping the whole PMDG software bundle, FSX and changing the operating system to windows 10.

Interesting thread as I have not been able to complete a flight for over two weeks!

Just for your info, I am running the original PMDG NGX software straight after it was released.