Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

Changing Computer Question

Hi there. So, I have been in FSX for a long time. I have run it off the same computer for about 5 years and it was a basic work station computer and that where I did all my regular simming and filming for youtube. I have now just ordered a new, very powerful computer. The question I have is I currently have windows and FSX on the same HDD in the current computer. I want to have windows be installed on a 250gb SSD for the new computer. So, is it possible to take a hard drive from one computer with windows on it, put it in a new computer with windows on an SSD already, and have FSX run off that HDD on the new computer? Do i have to take windows off that hdd that FSX is on? I want to use this HDD that fsx is already on because I have too many addons to reinstall onto a new computer and I have lost a lot of the installers and keys/account passwords and usernames/emails to get all the addons back. Let me know if there's a way to do this, would love to get back into FSX videos.

Nick Hesler

You say you lost all your  addons installers   cant  see  how  that's is  possible  since  all you need  to do is  go back  to your  account   on where  you have  purchased   the addons  and  the download  and  keys will be  listed  as well.  You can  easily  retrieve  your  password  etc  by  using the retrieve  password   option  if  you  forgotten  your password.  And  if  I were  you I would  be  starting  from scratch  again  least  you will get  a clean installation of  everything.  Anyway  that's my opinion.  Iam  sure  there  will be  lots more users that will disagree  with me .

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes, you can do that, but you will have to reinstall fsx to get the new c drive set up.

Then you can add the second drive and change the registry settinsgs.

Once that works, you can remove the fsx folder on the c drive.

Bert

Yes, you can do that, but you will have to reinstall fsx to get the new c drive set up.

Then you can add the second drive and change the registry settinsgs.

Once that works, you can remove the fsx folder on the c drive.

Thanks! How would I change the registry settings? And having windows on that second drive, would that be a problem or would I have to remove windows before hand?

Nick Hesler