Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Just wondering.....

Hey guys, I just purchased the 737 Immersion. I know own all but the 777 immersion and Precipit FX line. I have only flown on this aircraft once since purchasing so i am just wondering if I will see an effect that I enjoy very much. 

Basically I departed KJFK a few minutes ago. This is the current METAR 

KJFK 262343Z 2700/2806 08007KT P6SM OVC045

As I flew through the OVC layer that was about 1200 feet thick I was excited to see the effects come to light. What I noticed is that the volumetric strobe effect was not visible from the cockpit. That is an effect that I have noticed on the Airbus X immersion and it is my favorite as it is the one I see most of the time from the cockpit where I spend 80% of the time. 

Normally at least on the Airbus X immersion I could see the flash reflecting on the clouds, I can also see the nav lights. On my flight today aboard the 737 Immersion both the lights were on as I went to the spot view to see the effects. I could see the cones for the landing lights and the splash for the beacon, so those two lights were all being shown with effects but the Nav and Strobe were not being shown with volumetric effects. 

So finally the question, is that supported? I looked through the webpage again and there is mention of it on the bottom of the page but I was just making sure everything is installed properly and it will eventually show up.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Hi Alcides,

Volumetric Beacons and Strobes are included in the package.

In-Cloud behavior in 737 Immersion is different than what can be observed in previous Immersion Packages. We decided not to include in-cloud depiction because of how poorly FSX is at giving cloud positions. We are working on alternative ways of making this effect work but it is not an easy task to do.

We might bring back the old way of showing the effects in the cloud if we have enough requests for it.

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Alcides,

Volumetric Beacons and Strobes are included in the package.

In-Cloud behavior in 737 Immersion is different than what can be observed in previous Immersion Packages. We decided not to include in-cloud depiction because of how poorly FSX is at giving cloud positions. We are working on alternative ways of making this effect work but it is not an easy task to do.

We might bring back the old way of showing the effects in the cloud if we have enough requests for it.

Regards,

Keven

OK thank you I appreciate the response.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Keven,

Can you tell me if the effect is included in the PMDG 777 package? I would like to buy it and use it with P3D V3, will I get the landing lights, for example, to light up clouds while in the cockpit?

Thank you!!

Keven,

Can you tell me if the effect is included in the PMDG 777 package? I would like to buy it and use it with P3D V3, will I get the landing lights, for example, to light up clouds while in the cockpit?

Thank you!!

They will turn on in the cloud layer but might not be visible in the cockpit (as of now, Jan 11 2016)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42