Sign in to follow this  
pilotguy251

PMDG MD11 Causing ATC.dll crash

Hey guys, the other day I successfully installed the PMDG MD11 into P3D v3 and did a test flight with no issues. Today I installed the FedEx livery, and upon loading the bird, it now crashes the sim, giving the ATC.dll module as the fault. This does not happen when loading any other plane. I have not yet tried to uninstall the livery and load the plane, but I need the livery in order to do the flight. What's the issue here?

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.1.2.15831, time stamp: 0x5672b60a
Faulting module name: atc.dll, version: 3.1.2.15831, time stamp: 0x5672b609
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00027083
Faulting process id: 0xe8c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d140d0d2ab577a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\atc.dll
Report Id: 292db4b5-acc5-11e5-9ca5-9cd21e5a37de

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Despite licensing issues...

I doubt that MD-11 will REALLY run properly in P3D V3 if you look at the details. Too much has changed in the code. If you look carefully you will realize that the navigation data at the ND (navigation display) are not corrected with the magnetic variation data. Place yourself at KJFK 31R,  for instance, and see the problem: the runway and extended center line are 15 degrees off track.

That is because you can adapt the registry path for the FS (e.g. with Flight1 registry fix) such that it can find the magdec.bgl in the FS scenery/base folder, but this file is NOT called up in P3D by the MD-11 anymore. Thus, loc, gs and headings are fine (because they depend on the airport bgls and are corrected by magdec.bgl), but not the navigational information on the ND. That code in PMDG's MD-11 appears to be broken if you use native P3D. Thus, following the magenta line in an area with many degrees magnetic variation will bring you in trouble. Not so much a problem if you fly in areas that have only little magnetic variation though.

As to ATC.DLL, there might be a conflict with an other addon.

Regards,

Chris