Sign in to follow this  
wrxsnowman

WIN10 gauges and VC not clickable

So, I upgraded to WIN 10, and I can get FSX to load fine, after some .CFG rebuilding and shader resetting. However, my gauges even on the default C172 or PMDG 777 don't appear, and I also cannot click on anything but the control yoke. I've been searching forums but can't seem to find a fix. Any help would be appreciated. I'm really trying to keep from reinstalling as it takes forever for my FSX to work like I have it set up.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds like a permissions issue.  Did you rebuild the FSX.cfg.  When you do, you get to tell FSX whether you trust a gauge or not.  So, if you are using your old fsx.cfg, you need to move it to a temporary folder and let it rebuild. 

You should also make sure FSX is started with Administrative Rights for ALL users.  Do this by going to the FSX folder and right clicking on FSX.exe, selecting properties, and then clicking on the compatibility tab.  At the bottom of the compatibility tab, make sure fsx will start in admin mode for ALL users (not just you)(there are other users even if you are the only one who uses your computer).

Best regards,

Sounds like a permissions issue.  Did you rebuild the FSX.cfg.  When you do, you get to tell FSX whether you trust a gauge or not.  So, if you are using your old fsx.cfg, you need to move it to a temporary folder and let it rebuild. 

You should also make sure FSX is started with Administrative Rights for ALL users.  Do this by going to the FSX folder and right clicking on FSX.exe, selecting properties, and then clicking on the compatibility tab.  At the bottom of the compatibility tab, make sure fsx will start in admin mode for ALL users (not just you)(there are other users even if you are the only one who uses your computer).

Best regards,

Thanks for the reply Jim. I've backed up the .cfg file and allowed it to rebuild. Maybe there is a better way than that. But I just renamed it and moved it to my desktop. Also, I've made sure all my admin rights are set, but it's possible that I've missed one. I verified that fsx.exe opens as admin, this is something I fought with back in windows 7, but resolved. This was the first thing I did upon starting it in win 10

EDIT: I'd like to add that my CERA UH-60 is working properly, but the base and other addon aircraft are the issue ones.

However, my gauges even on the default C172 or PMDG 777 don't appear,

If the gauges for the PMDG777 do not work I think that is a PMDG license issue.  For the PMDG you also need the required entries in the dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Interface</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>        You can disable this module by changing this parameter from false to true.
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

Your other adds may have something placed in the dll.xml that needs to be loaded too.  This is why we suggest in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 1 and 2 that you move your fsx.cfg, your dll.xml, and scenery.cfg to a temporary folder, restart fsx and let the fsx.cfg and scenery.cfg rebuild.  The dll.xml is not needed so it will not be rebuilt but it will tell you if there might be a problem with this file.  You can also go into the dll.xml and disable each component individually (see how this is done in the AVSIM CTD Guide or I have put an example in RED above.  This way you can keep loading the PMDG product but disable the others.

You indicate the CERA UH-60 (is that the helicopter that came with Acceleration?) works properly but not the other defaults and other addon aircraft.  If you removed any of the default aircraft from your hangar, be aware that other addons and aircraft might use the gauges that came with these aircraft. 

I have a feeling your best solution would be to completely uninstall FSX,

after some .CFG rebuilding and shader resetting

You mention changing a shader setting and are you talking about SweetFX?  That program can cause many problems if you do not install it properly.  If that is installed, I would disable that program until you get this problem fixed.

Best regards,