Sign in to follow this  
higuys23

FSX Menus running slowly...

Hello everyone. I am experiencing a rather peculiar issue with FSX. Just for some background, I have the regular box version, SP1 and SP2 installed. My PC Specs are as follows:

i7 4790k @ stock

GTX 960SC

8GB DDR3

FSX is installed on a 1TB WD Blue

I just built this PC in May, and have been slowly installing my addons, and purchasing new ones since that time. About a month ago I would say, I began experiencing an issue where during a flight, If I want to access a setting via the menu bar, once clicked, the menu selected will take 2-3 minutes to load. After that, once a button is selected, another 1-2 minutes for the task to be completed. I dealt with it for a while, but couldn't take it anymore. I uninstalled FSX completely thinking that it may be an installation or corruption issue, or an issue with an addon I had installed. After I completed the re-installation of FSX, SP1, and SP2, I ran the program in windowed mode, with no addons, and voila it was fixed. BUT, the problem still persists in Fullscreen mode ONLY, and I prefer flying in that mode as frames are better. I don't know where to look next. I am using an FSX.CFG from Matt Davies, so I can try to test the issue with a default CFG and see if  the problem is fixed. Thanks for any advice!

Mark

[EDIT] : I am NOT using Matt Davies CFG in this new install. It is default. I had forgotten that I never replaced the CFG.