Sign in to follow this  
psolov

Saitek Controller Not Recognized in Prepar3d Version 2.5

Hi All - I did some research last night regarding this issue but am still confused. Here is the situtation: I just reinstalled P3d V.2.5 on my Windows 8.1 machine (it seems 8.1 may be the issue) and when I go to calibrate the Saitek Cyborg controller (just a stick no yoke or pedals) it only shows mouse yoke as an option. I also run FSX-SE and X-Plane on the same machine with no issues, so I know the issue is with the P3d / Windows 8.1 combo. However, I am confused as to how to resolve this. 

Some of my reading seems to indicate that if I purchased the FSIUPC license (I have always only used the free one) that my problems would be solved, but i would like some more clarification if possible before I buy this. 

I also saw some posts on this forum regarding this issue in P3d V3 but i am still on V2.5 (I assume these are related). I am aware that there may be an answer out there somewhere but my life as a tax accountant has taken over, and free time is at a minimum, so I am hoping maybe someone can push me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers, Pete

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you saying that you are using FSUIPC and the device is not seen or that the device doesn't show in the controller list for P3D?

I have always just used the registered FSUIPC to control ALL my devices except the keyboard and mouse.

Vic

Hi Vic - The controller doesn't show up in the list of controllers in P3d, so the only "controller" listed is the mouse. And I think when you mention the "registered" version of FSUIPC you are referring to the version you purchase at Simmarket, correct? I am willing to pick that up if I know it will fix the issue.

Cheers, Pete

Thanks again Vic! Yes, I did try switching the USB ports just in case. This one threw me for a curve, since I had P3d installed on my other computer but just decided to move it to the one I use most of the time. The computers are almost identical except that the one it was on originally has Windows 7. I will download that program from the link you provided from Pete Dowson, thanks for that. So, do you highly recommend FSUIPC registered version then? If so I will pick it up later today. Thanks for your help, it is most appreciated.

Cheers, Pete

I heartily recommend FSUIPC Pete.

I have a system with a CH Yoke, CH TQ, CH RUdders and a Saitek X52 all plugged in. I have custom profiles mapped to individual aircraft in FSUIPC so when I select an a/c the proper combination of throttle, yoke/stick is automatically assigned. I found this to be most helpful:

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/SIMSAMURAI+FSUIPC+TUTORIAL.pdf

Have fun!

Vic

Thanks Vic, it looks like I will want to get this.

Cheers, Pete