Sign in to follow this  
BenRudder

JS41 Right engine starting problems

Hi.

This might have come up before, but I am having problems starting the right engine.  I have read the start-up guide, but can't find solution.  I start the left engine fine, but when I repeat for right engine, the engine turns, never overheats just keeps turning without firing up. I do it the same as left engine. Both avionics masters off, booster fuel pumps on both generators off, right engine feathered using switch and checked externally, all anti ice off.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ben Rudder

Are you sure the start locks are on for both engines?

A

Sounds like a start lock issue to me, the propellers should be unfeathered fully fine. Remember if you use the unfeather pump, after a minute or so the prop will refeather if it's not latched on the start lock (make sure you have full reverse selected when unfeathering). I made an engine start troubleshooting guide with screenshots at http://viaintercity.com/forums/bae-jetstream-41-%28bae-js4100%29/faq-%28frequently-asked-questions%29-and-tips-for-bae-js4100/

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Cheers Chris for putting in the necessary detail... I had completely forgotten the details, but the situation reminded me of the start lock problems I vaguely remember having when I first got the aircraft...

A

Hi. 

Thanks for the posts, I tried unfeathering with the Power levers in full reverse and the right engine started first time, so hopefully it was the start locks.

Thanks

Ben Rudder