Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird 52

Double buildings in Seattle with Taxi2gate KSEA

Hello everyone, I recently installed Taxi2gate KSEA on P3D, and I started experiencing this:  2016-1-19_21-3-6-63_zpsb5vmyulj.png

The only scenery addons on my P3D are Taxi2gate KSEA, and Fly Tampa Vienna.

However, I have had this issue in FSX as well, with my downtown Seattle going from this:

2015-11-5_14-34-4-852_zpseyrpspep.jpg

To this!

2015-11-7_14-15-42-344_zpshcwhw7vr.jpg

Can someone tell me why stock FSX has two Seattle downtowns, and why they are overlapping or why the low res one even appears!

It sounds like you have an exclude missing for whatever reason.  You can try disabling the Seattle-C.bgl by renaming it to Seattle-C.off to see if it helps.   

Brian W

KPAE

This should help the double buildings problem.  I can’t tell what the issue is in the second and third picture. The Seattle-C.bgl file is the Taxi2Gate version of the Seattle buildings.  I assume they redid all them to try and get some extra frame rate.  That means in order for the default not to show they excluded them.  For whatever reason in your first picture that exclude of the default doesn’t seem to be working.  I’m by no means an expert but it looks like the excludes are in the AFCAD, so maybe a new one will allow you to use the Taxi2Gate version of Seattle if that’s what you want.

Brian W

KPAE

Brian,

I don't have P3D, but when I installed Megascenery PNW into my flightsim the install notes said to disable the Seattle city folder in addon scenery.  All I did was remove the "red" checkmark by the title and selected okay.

Is there a similar city folder in P3D Addon Scenery?  If so, try disabling it by removing the checkbook.

Randy

I can only help you with FSX. 

Go to your Scenery Library and make sure KSEA is at the top.  Hit OK, Exit then go back into FSX.

If that does not work... remove  'KSEA' from the scenery library, exit FSX, then go back into FSX.  Go to the scenery library.  Click add and find the T2gs KSEA and add the folder.  Hit OK. Exit FSX.

Go back into FSX. 

I have 9 years of frustration, er I mean experience tweaking FSX.  Many of the issues with double buildings have to do with the scenery library.  With almost every addon I find an incompatibility or problem that is solved by either removing and then inserting the scenery back into the scenery library. or changing the order of scenery.  Another thing I have noticed that after a change to the scenery library you must exit FSX for and then come back into it before you can be sure a change was made.  My most recent problem like this was when I reinstalled everything ORBX and then installed the free downtown Portland scenery.  When I went to it I had double bridges and double buildings.  It took some finagling with the scenery library but now it works fine.

I can assure you my KSEA by T2G is working flawlessly now but it was a rough go the first week it came out. It took tons of patches and ORBX and T2G working together to solve the issue.