Sign in to follow this  
WarHorse47

Product Updates

I noticed under my Account history that several of my Carenado products have updates.

I had assumed that if I recently purchased a Carenado product that its already updated, or do I still need to apply the update?

Also, if I run an update do I need to preserve my addon textures and aircraft.cfg file?

How does everyone else handle updates without losing addon textures, etc.?

Thanks in advance

--WH

WarHorse47,

Not each and every add on from Carenado acts the same. Installers are written by different folks at different times.

Most will capture your custom files, like your aircraft.cfg and redirect the saved copy to a folder in a Carenado folder. When new texture files are added, the old files that you may have added are usually not affected, but if I had some special repaints or panel configurations that I had put a lot of painful hours getting just right, I wouldn't depend on someone that I didn't know to protect my valuables. Make a backup copy of the entire folder and keep in until you are certain that you no need those files.

I like to keep total backups so I can see what has changed in the updates. It is a good way to double check the bug list and see what else might have been modified or updated or added or deleted.

When you purchased a Carenado product that is 'in the news' and has a active following on their facebook, the updates seem to come fairly quickly. Once the next add on gets its screenshots on the facebook page, then it will be up to you to chase down the latest update. Sometime, I just short circuit the history check and ask Carenado support if I have the most recent update by sending them the version number that I am currently using. If I don't get a response in a few days, I send it again and wait or day or so. They are usually pretty good at replying.

They have a listing of updates on their website with a very brief title that is arranged by add on.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .