Sign in to follow this  
vortex681

Microsoft FF2 joystick in Windows 10?

Is anybody using a Microsoft FF2 joystick with FSX or P3D in Windows 10? If so, does FS Force work normally in Windows 10 (why would you be using force feedback without it)? I'm considering moving to Windows 10 closer to the July, free, deadline when I build my new system but I'm not prepared to have force feedback compromised.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Forece feedback works in 10. Would suggest very strongly, that you consider purchasing FS Force. It is far superior to the built in force feedback in either P3D or FSX.

I got my Sidewinder II used on eBay. Haven't had an issue. Great joystick. Arguably the best ever made for FS.

Forece feedback works in 10. Would suggest very strongly, that you consider purchasing FS Force. It is far superior to the built in force feedback in either P3D or FSX.

I got my Sidewinder II used on eBay. Haven't had an issue. Great joystick. Arguably the best ever made for FS.

Thanks for the info. I'm currently using my FF2 in FSX with Windows 7 and agree totally about both FS Force and the joystick. It's definitely the best joystick I've tried.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have an MS FF2 and am using it in Windows 10 +FSX-SE and it is working fine without the purchase of FS Force, as a plain and simple joystick. The force feedback also works, but I do not use it as it has tended to disconnect the AP.

I have an MS FF2 and am using it in Windows 10 +FSX-SE and it is working fine without the purchase of FS Force, as a plain and simple joystick. The force feedback also works, but I do not use it as it has tended to disconnect the AP.

Not sure if the AP thing is peculiar to Windows 10 (although gfd doesn't seem to have it) but I've never had that problem with FSX in Windows 7. That said, I've only ever used my joystick with FS Force (not sure if that would make any difference to your problem). If you can get the force feedback working successfully, you really need to get FS Force - it completely transforms the game! Using FS Force is so much better than the default forces in FSX plus it's fully customisable to get it just how you want it. It seems like quite a lot to spend on such a small program but it's worth every penny.

The AP also caused disconnects in P3D v2.5 under Window 7. Cannot quite remember is it also did that to FSX as by that time I had ditched FSX. But as I wanted to fly the PMDG MD-11, reverted to FSX-SE only, in Win10. At the time, this forum did advocate using the FS Force add-on but for what it was worth, I declined, and your last sentence more or less bears that out, even if is a game-changer.