Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

Vancouver+ v3 Bridges

Hey simmers!

Quick question apropos the late John Patch's wonderful VanPlus v3 scenery, specifically within Prepar3D v3. For any of you who know the scenery, I've noticed a heavy shimmering on the Alex Fraser Bridge (about ten miles east of YVR), which does not diminish with distance. For example, I can be lining up at YVR and still see it well off in the distance, the only scenery object present with the distance, and incredibly bright and shimmering. I have FTX PNW installed, along with its config option in the options menu of VanPlus. Having come at a loss to find any active forums for the scenery, I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks for any and all help!

Derek

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Update : turns out it does this with a couple of other suspension bridges around the scenery too. Quite bizarre...

Are those bridge textures mipped? I haven't used it since FSX as the performance was brutal.

Are those bridge textures mipped? I haven't used it since FSX as the performance was brutal.

Hey Dave, that's actually a good point. I'll try and find the file and see what I can do with it. Thanks!

In the meanwhile, this is a picture in case it makes it any clearer...

ixJqViH.jpg