Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

FSX Install Error Windows 10

You can create the images using daemon tools lite.  Its free.   https://www.daemon-tools.cc/products/dtlite

First create all the dvd images then mount the first dvd and it should install

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Tried to install FSX Gold edition on OS Windows 10 and when I installed disk it started the prepare to install process then stopped and I got an error "1628 failed to complete installation" ? Any help on this will be appreciated.

I see you have tried  the KB910816 fix without success.   The other one that seems to be related to error 1628 is error 1722 (problem with the Installer Package).   The KB928080 is the fix for that one.   Here's the link if you wish to try this one:   https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/928080

This is the Software Licensing System Reset Tool Package.   Even though the instructions are for XP/Vista, it will work on Win10.

Chris

Hi Lamar,

If there was a solution to this problem that fix everyone, then it would have surely been posted by now.  I think Pete has an excellent suggestion.  Worth trying for sure!  Here's one link that might help in making this image - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/software-tools/a/create-iso-image-file.htm

Best regards,

Hi Jim, up and running! Creating an image of dvd's did the job. I won't to thank you for all your help. Happy flying, maybe this will help other pilots that has the same problem.

I think I used Nero Dvd but there are lots of free software for creating an image. I even think daemon tools ( free version ) has the ability to create an image. You need a program like daemon tools to mount the image anyway ( it acts like a vurtual DVD-rom )

Let us know how you make out.

That did it Pete, it was a little learning curve but I had no problems at all. Thank you so much for your fix suggestion. Happy flying!

I see you have tried  the KB910816 fix without success.   The other one that seems to be related to error 1628 is error 1722 (problem with the Installer Package).   The KB928080 is the fix for that one.   Here's the link if you wish to try this one:   https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/928080

This is the Software Licensing System Reset Tool Package.   Even though the instructions are for XP/Vista, it will work on Win10.

Chris

Hi Chris got fsx working with imaging fsx discs.  I won't to thank you just the same. All my years of simming never had anything to stump me like this? I guess it is a Windows 10 thing. Happy flying.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Good to hear its fixed

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

First create all the dvd images then mount the first dvd and it should install

I tried to install FSX with help of iso images. But after running the first image (=DVD1) I was prompted to load DVD2, but it was not possible for me to continue with start of second image. How did you do it. Your help for me would be appreciated.

Klaus Schmidtmann