Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Vox does not recognize user airport?

Hi to all,

recently Jorge Chavez Airport in Lima changed its ICAO from SPIM to SPJC. To reflect that change I've removed SPIM airport from FSX and replaced it by a new (except from the ICAO identical) airport called SPJC.

Here's how I achieved this according to the ADE manual instructions:

I opened stock SPIM in ADE, removed everything, saved/compiled empty copy to World Folder and thus made it load before the stock airport, then using the Pro Key of ADE I reopened the stock airport in ADE again, changed the ICAO to SPJC and saved/compiled the airport placing it at high priority in the scenery.cfg. Everything looks ok in the SIM, SPJC recognized and SPIM no longer used.

As a traffic program I use MyTraffic6 and for Weather I use ActiveSky Next. I managed to move the MyTraffic Schedules from SPIM to SPJC and Vox successfully uses them (it populates the SPJC airport with traffic) when fired up at my brand-new SPJC. ActiveSky Next has a weather station at SPJC, correctly recognizes my SPJC and injects the SPJC weather to the sim correctly (METAR and FSX weather identical after ASNext weather infusion). However, if I contact Vox ATIS at SPJC I get a completely wrong weather information. Wrong winds, clouds, QNH, etc. Can anybody tell me how I can figure where this wrong weather information comes from?

ASNextConnection to Vox is working perfectly at all other airports, I have run the indexer several times (so Vox should know about my new afcad SPJC_ADEX.bgl and the LevelD-Airac NavData Vox uses does contain SPJC-information. Why does Vox still not recognize my SPJC? Any help appreciated.

Regards

draci