Sign in to follow this  
jimcarrel

Legacy skipped out

I've been so busy using A2A planes and GTN750 for testing purposes in 3.2, that I hadn't noticed that my Real Air Legacy is missing in action (if I could find it, I would give it some action).

The Legacy configurator is still responding, I found its folders in the users\appdata\ roaming files, but it's missing in the main install folder in simobjects folder.

Since Real Air made an official installer for it, I suppose the pointers to the plane is in an xml file somewhere, but I haven't found it.

I'm guessing one of the updates made a new xml file for the one that the Legacy was listed in.

It was that or my hard drive swallowed the Legacy's files in the main install folder.

Any one know the xml file it might be in?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Check your Simobjects.cfg in ProgramData ... should have entry like:

[Entry.2]
PATH=d:\RealAir\Legacy V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes
TITLE=RealAir Legacy V2
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you very much Rob, that was it. I'm always forgetting ProgramData, I've got Users\etc. and documents memorized due to simconnect.

Nonetheless, I can now  fly the Legacy.

Thanks for you time!

*edit, 

I guess you should have told me to look at Poppet's pinned "link" thread, I just looked at that.

I can be such a blind dufuss.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's