Sign in to follow this  
furger

Main window not available (anymore)

Hi

After having used FS2Crew successfully for quite some time I now encounter a problem with starting it. Currently I do not even have any reference to FS2Crew panels in the 'Views -> Instrument Panels' option of P3D.

Yes, I have 'enabled' FS2Crew via the FS2Crew 777 Config Manager and yes, I am running P3D with Admin rights and also the 777's panel.cfg file shows the FS2Crew entries (as [Window20] to [Window24]).

What I did in between the last time it worked correctly: I updated to P2D 3,2, reinstalled PMDG777 (with some additional liveries), reinstalled FS2Crew 1.8, . . .

Any good idea would be appreciated.

Andreas Furger

Andreas Furger

Hi Andreas,

Did you assign a button to "Autofeather arm/off" as per the manual.

I use the "N" key for that.

Try that to open the Main Panel.

And when you updated to 3.2, did you "migrate" it?

Migrating will not work.

Do not "migrate".

Let me know.

Hi Bryan

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I had assigned "$" to "Autofeather arm/off". When pressing this button then something is shortly flashing up (on the right hand side of the screen, at a size totally different to what I have been used for with FS2Crew). However it's just like a flsh. Therefore I can't say what it is. And it does not come again when pressing the key once again.

Now, guess what, I tryed to change the assignment and found 2 entries for "Autofeather arm/off" (see attached PrintScreen)??? I then assigned the other one to "SHIFT + N" and this one is working. Great - thank you for the good idea - problem solved. But do you know what these 2 entries are? They look to me like being exactly the same.

Print_Screen.jpg

By the way, I did a full install (after having deinstalled the previous version).

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Furger

I tryed to change the assignment and found 2 entries for "Autofeather arm/off" (see attached PrintScreen)??? I then assigned the other one to "SHIFT + N" and this one is working. Great - thank you for the good idea - problem solved.

Glad you got it sorted  :Tounge:

But I have no idea why you have "two" entries for Autofeather Arm/Off'.

I only have one.

You should ask the Prepar 3D devs about that one.

Here's what it looks like in P3D 3.2 for me:

autofeather.PNG

The only reason I could think of why there were two entries for "Autofeather (arm/off)' is that I most likely did not deactivate FS2Crew before having made the updates of P3D and FS2Crew. And as it looks like havin been the only assiggnment which should up twice . . .

I (hopefully) finally resolved the situation by having set assignments to "Reset Default".

Thank you again

Andreas

Andreas Furger