Sign in to follow this  
vr1

2.0.0.9 unauthorised backtrack on Rwy to get take-off clearence

Hello Dave,

taxiing LSZH to RWY14. At the holding position on the end of taxiway Gulf reported ready for departure and got "line up and wait" (by the way with winddirection? - this is uncommon. Winddirection used with takeoff clearence only - but that is not the point.)

RWY14 has an extension without taxiway intersection. If you need it for take-off run you have to request an backtrack on RWY.

But TWR instructed only "line-up and wait" without backtrack. No problem. Done as instructed. Waiting on RWY but nothing happend. In the meanwhile SWISS317 reported established ILS RWY14. TWR instructed SWISS317 to continue. But I got no takeoff clearence.

Later SWISS317 was instructed to "go around". Breath deeply for me and my passengers. :wink:

I decided to unauthorised backtrak on my on risk to the treshold and reported again "ready for departure". Success at long last! I got my take-off clearence.

I marked the part below with ***************************

Regards

Helge

Simulator Connected
Recognition Engine Installed
Grammars Loaded
NextWpt: KEMPTEN
~Air Berlin Four Seven ready to Copy
 Air Berlin Four Seven Ready to Copy;
State Change to: FlightPlanDelivered
Air Berlin Four Seven is cleared to Lima Oscar Whiskey Whiskey, fly the DEGE2B departure , with the DEGES transition , then as filed.   Maintain Flight Level Zero Niner Zero. Expect higher clearances five minutes after departure  Departure on One Two Five Point Niner Five Squawk Four Two Six Zero
~Air Berlin Four Seven is cleared to Lima Oscar Whiskey Whiskey, fly the DEGE2B departure , with the DEGES transition , then as filed.   Maintain Flight Level Zero Niner Zero. Expect higher clearances five minutes after departure  Departure on One Two Five Point Niner Five Squawk Four Two Six Zero
NextWpt: R078
 Air Berlin Four Seven is Cleared to Lima Oscar Whiskey Whiskey fly the DEGE2B departure with the DEGES transition then as filed Maintain Flight Level Zero Niner Zero Expect higher clearances five minutes after departure Departure on One Two Five Point Niner Five Squawk Four Two Six Zero;
Air Berlin Four Seven Readback Correct.  QNH is One Zero Two Four Contact Ground on One Two One Point Niner when ready for pushback  have a good night
~ QNH is One Zero Two Four Ground on One Two One Point Niner Air Berlin Four Seven
 QNH is One Zero Two Four Ground on One Two One Point Niner Air Berlin Four Seven;
~Air Berlin Four Seven ready for pushback and engine start
 Air Berlin Four Seven Ready for Pushback and Engine Start;
Air Berlin Four Seven Pushback and engine start approved
~ Pushback and engine start approved  Air Berlin Four Seven
 Pushback and Engine Start Approved Air Berlin Four Seven;
~Air Berlin Four Seven ready to taxi
 Air Berlin Four Seven Ready to Taxi;
Air Berlin Four Seven Standby
State Change to: TaxiOut
Air Berlin Four Seven Taxi to Runway One Four Via Taxiways Foxtrot, Delta, Echo, Gulf,  Hold Short Runway One Four
~ Taxi to Runway One Four Via Taxiways Foxtrot, Delta, Echo, Gulf,  Hold Short Runway One Four Air Berlin Four Seven
 Taxi to Runway One Four via Taxiways Foxtrot Delta Echo Gulf Hold Short Runway One Four Air Berlin Four Seven;
State Change to: AtDepartureRunway
Air Berlin Four Seven Contact Tower on One One Eight Point One,  have a good night
~Tower on One One Eight Point One Air Berlin Four Seven
 Tower on One One Eight Point One Air Berlin Four Seven;
~Air Berlin Four Seven ready for departure runway One Four
 Air Berlin Four Seven Ready for Departure Runway One Four;
State Change to: ClearedToLineUpAndWait
Air Berlin Four Seven Line up and wait, Runway One Four Whinds are Three Six Zero at Five knots
~Line up and wait Runway One Four 
Air Berlin Four Seven Line up and wait, Runway One Four Whinds are Three Six Zero at Five knots

~Air Berlin Four Seven ready for departure runway One Four
 Air Berlin Four Seven Ready for Departure Runway One Four;

State Change to: TakeoffIFR
Air Berlin Four Seven Whinds are Three Six Zero at Five knots  Cleared for takeoff, Runway One Four
~Cleared for takeoff, Runway One Four Air Berlin Four Seven
 Cleared for Takeoff Runway One Four Air Berlin Four Seven;

Helge,

This is another problem I discovered earlier and the fix is in update 200.10.   It was requiring the line-up and wait be at the far end of the overrun, which in most cases is not required, as you point out.  Should give you normal takeoff clearance with next update. 

Thanks for all your reports.

Dave

I discovered earlier

I passed about it.

Sry for "double reporting".

Regards

Helge