Looking to build the best PC possible for P3D v3, with about a $2k budget. I'm currently looking at this combo from NewEgg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2525264

While I've built my own PC before, I'm certainly not an expert on this stuff, so if anybody has some feedback or suggestions, I'd appreciate it before I pull the trigger.

Here's a breakdown of what's in the combo:

Intel Core I7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel® HD Graphics 530

newegg

MSI MSI Gaming Z170A GAMING M7 LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/S USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

newegg

IN WIN 805 RED Red Aluminum / Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Compatible With ATX 12V/ EPS Up To 220mm Power Supply Power Supply

newegg

MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G

newegg

EVGA SuperNOVA 220-P2-0850-X1 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Continuous Power Supply

newegg

G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB (4 X 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) Extreme Performance Memory Kit Model F4-2800C16Q-32GRK

newegg

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E250B/AM

newegg

WD Black 3TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/S 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD3003FZEX

newegg

Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i GTX Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm

Thanks in advance,

Kyle R.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB (4 X 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) Extreme Performance Memory Kit Model F4-2800C16Q-32GRK

No, It's GSkill Ripjaw V you want for Skylake. Or Trident Z. And 16GB is plenty. I went for Ripjaw V 3200 MHz. The price difference for a tad faster wasn't that much.

http://www.gskill.com/en/press/view/g-skill-conquers-4000mhz-speed-barrier-and-releases-new-trident-z-and-ripjaws-v-series-ddr4-memory

Apart from that, looks great. My comments below are purely personnel preference...

EVGA PSU's are single rail, so the OCP trip point is high, something like 70 Amps. I prefer multi rail PSU's, with a lower OCP trip point for each sub rail. I prefer this because there's very little chance of a failure damaging other PC components. With a single rail PSU, if the short circuit protection fails, damage to other components will likely ensue before the higher OCP trip point is reached. In my opinion, anything over 600 Watts would be better multi rail.

The only thing you have to watch out for with multi rail is that the PCIe cables that feed your graphics card are from different rails.

As I say, just my personnel preference. There's nothing wrong with single rail PSU's, they are very popular and the quality makes reliable. 

WD Black 3TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/S 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD3003FZEX

I have one of these sitting unused in a cupboard. I found mine to be quite noisy so removed it. However, I have mentioned this to others that say they are okay, so may have been just my drive.

Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i GTX Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm

Personally I'm not a fan of closed loop water coolers.Pumps fail and leaks can occur. I prefer big tower coolers. For my Skylake rig I went for the Noctua NH-D15S, fantastic cooler. pretty much the perfected version of the D14/15.

If you are a fan of AIO's, and prefer them to big tower coolers... will the latest version of the H110 fit in your case? this would be my choice if I went closed loop.

I see you favor MSI. I went for the Asus Z170-A motherboard, great price and great features.

for the graphics card I went for the EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified. I can't praise EVGA enough, fantastic products fantastic support.