Sign in to follow this  
Buzzardier

Friday Harbor run

So I've spotted the Orca whales and am motoring into Friday harbor but where on earth is the dock? I have the big green arrow ahead of me but no sign of a dock. Have the Steam folk removed it?

Could I have an idea from some helpful soul?

Thanks.

Scenery Complexity slider maxed out to the right?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I'll check. I do think so. All that I could see approximately below the green arrow was a sloping concrete way, like a small dinghy landing site. I'll check again.

What a delightful site this is. There's always a helpful soul who pops up with good suggestions.

No luck. I was already set to extreme density. I'll take a look on the FSX:SE site.

Now that I have had a little more coffee, I realized that you're doing the San Juan Island run in the "Leave it to

Beaver".  I have always skipped the Friday Harbor part and did the alternate route of picking up the passenger

and delivering him to his mountain lake dock.  I'll have to give Friday Harbor a go and see if anything is

missing.

Have you updated the Friday Harbor airport with a new scenery of any type?  I just remembered that

when I updated Princess Juliana, the Caribbean Mission will not end even if you plant your

CRJ-700 right under the Green Arrow.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thankyou. Nope, I haven't added or changed anything at all in that, or any other mission. I too began by ignoring the Friday Harbour choice and delivered that passenger where he wished but I wanted to earn my Orca whale sighting postcard 'badge' so chose the FH alternative as that's the route on which they are found...some five miles short of FH.

Very good of you to offer this help, charliesron.

Meanwhile I trust your birthday was an enjoyable one and not at all regretted as it marked the passing of another user.

Here is the dock and the people offloaded at the end of the flight.

FridayHarbordock.jpg

Charlie Aron

What a klutz I am. Problem was that I just landed 1.8 miles too early. Satisfactorily completed now. 

Many thanks.