Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Vox ATC wrong weather at user airport!

Does anybody know where VoxATC reads its weather information from? Recently I've deleted SPIM from FSX as far as possible  (which means I've removed everything but the stock ICAO code) and replaced it by SPJC with the identical afcad (renaming its ICAO from SPIM to SPJC, of course!) because SPIM (Jorge Chavez Intl, Lima) changed its ICAO to SPJC in reality. As a weather engine I use Active Sky Next which has a weather station at SPJC in its newest database. However, if I file a flightplan from SPJC to anywhere and start the flight at a gate in SPJC, Active Sky next perfectly recognises that present position is SPJC and correctly injects the current METAR data of SPJC to the sim (this is confirmed by opening the weather tab in FSX and also on Active Sky Weather Gauge). When I start VoxATC, it populates the airport with correct traffic (I use MyTraffic 6 aircraft and modified MyTraffic 6 schedules to use SPJC instead of SPIM) which confirms that VoxATC recognises the SPJC afcad (yes, I DID run the indexer several times!), but unfortunately gives me a completely wrong departure ATIS resulting even in opposite active runway selection!  I have no idea why this happens. Does VoxATC have a weather stations database that I should update besides running the indexer? What can it be that I do wrong? Any help from you appreciated since Teggwyn, the developer doesn't answer my support requests!

Best regards

draci

draci...

Would very much appreciate to know how to change my default SPIM to SPJC in P3D V3

Could you please share the process?

thanks...

Flyboy53

Does VoxATC have a weather stations database that I should update besides running the indexer?

voxatc can be updated with navigraph for it's airport/approach database..did you check if you have a recent cycle for that and if it has entries ..(you should see SPJC.txt in the SIDSTARS folder)?

unfortunately i don't really know exactly how the indexer compares that data with what it reads from the sim, or if it wouldn't recognize a scenery installed without the navdata. maybe something to try i guess.

cheers

-andy crosby