Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

ASN Install Folder

Hello, just updated ASN and I was just wondering, is it best to install asn outside of p3d root folder? Prior I had it installed inside P3D and had no problems. I do have REX 4 installed outside P3D as per their instructions.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ever since original active sky (2006?) i've installed into it's own directory, Active sky has never requested to install into FSX or P3d directory.

Thats why it does a registry search to find your flight sim at install time, it only needs to access a few configuration files within the sim.

If it required installation into sim directory, could be you couldn't run it from a networked machine, which I do.

Ever since original active sky (2006?) i've installed into it's own directory, Active sky has never requested to install into FSX or P3d directory.

Thats why it does a registry search to find your flight sim at install time, it only needs to access a few configuration files within the sim.

If it required installation into sim directory, could be you couldn't run it from a networked machine, which I do.

Thanks Jim, that makes a lot of since. I was wondering how ASN finds the sim and not I know. Thanks again.