Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Change ATC PTT Key?

Hi to all,

I'm new to MCE and I'd like use MCE together with PF3 which is now supported but I don't like pushing the default DEL key to communicate with ATC via MCE. I don't like using Joystick buttons for ATC either. But MCE doesn't seem to offer a way to change the default DEL key. My del DEL is already in use for other Add-ons! I would rather like to use the SPACEBAR instead for ATC communications.  In the .ini file that MCE placed in my FSX folder there's a VatSimPTT and also an ATCPTT entry. I've  tried setting ATCPTT=32 but to no avail.

Is anybody out there who can explain to me how I can switch the PTT Key from DEL to SPACEBAR?

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Regards, bmaik

Hi to all,

I'm new to MCE and I'd like use MCE together with PF3 which is now supported but I don't like pushing the default DEL key to communicate with ATC via MCE. I don't like using Joystick buttons for ATC either. But MCE doesn't seem to offer a way to change the default DEL key. My del DEL is already in use for other Add-ons! I would rather like to use the SPACEBAR instead for ATC communications.  In the .ini file that MCE placed in my FSX folder there's a VatSimPTT and also an ATCPTT entry. I've  tried setting ATCPTT=32 but to no avail.

Is anybody out there who can explain to me how I can switch the PTT Key from DEL to SPACEBAR?

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Regards

Assuming you aren't running a very old MCE version, ATCPTT=32 in "fsInsider.ini" should work.

But you have to restart both the sim and MCE for changes to take effect.

Thank you for your quick reply, but somehow I have no luck. I still get the beep sound when pressing the DEL key even after several restarts. I've bought the latest version of MCE last week so I assume it should be up to date. Can you confirm that I need to leave "Use DEL key" ticked in the ATC User Interface?

bmaik

Thank you for your quick reply, but somehow I have no luck. I still get the beep sound when pressing the DEL key even after several restarts. I've bought the latest version of MCE last week so I assume it should be up to date. Can you confirm that I need to leave "Use DEL key" ticked in the ATC User Interface?

bmaik

Yes, need to leave "Use DEL key" ticked if you want MCE to monitor ATC PTT via keyboard. The default is DEL, but could equally apply to any key you assign in fsInsider.ini under "AtcPTT".

AtcPTT=32 should get the space bar working as PTT.

Suggest you download this patch and replace files as per folder structure.

Should definitely be able to assign space bar and many other keys.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/MCE-Patch26664.zip