Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

AI Ships from Henrik Nielsen help

I live in Duluth and I see the AI ships packages in the avsim libraries.  Is there an easy way to only install the Great Lakes shipping routes/models/etc?

I don't need a ton of ships but I'd like to see some Lakers floating around Lake Superior!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have not seen a major performance impact when installing the whole package. Why not leaving it that way and just deactivating boat traffic when you do not need it?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Sounds good...  I'll get the rest of the ships

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you look in your ...Scenery/World/Scenery directory, you'll see a bunch of traffic files beginning with <traffic_Ships......bgl>. Scroll around until you find the ones named <traffic_Ships_US_Lakes....bgl> and identify by name the ones you want to keep. The rest can be renamed to .bgl.passive or moved to another location outside the directory. Voila! You've got only the ship traffic you want.

One question came up: are all the AI traffic.bgl files in the world active at the same time, regardless where your aircraft position is? Or will the traffic becomes active if your aircraft comes close to a certain radius ?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

That and the manual says 5% to turn on the ships... Does higher percentage mean more ships (like ai aircraft) or is it all or nothing at 5%?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I believe the default ships are intact so you would probably see more of those. As far as the ships package goes, I don't believe it does anything if you do go over the 5%