Sign in to follow this  
StewartH

Problems with GTN750 and V2

I'm definitely having problems using Bert's mods in integrating the GTN750 with the new version 2 of this aircraft.  Is anyone using his mods with the new version 2?  I get no response with any of the buttons/knobs on the (upper) instrument panel (I forget the name of the instrument, sorry) to activate the autopilot, set altitude, etc., etc.  Thanks for any advice or help.  I may have to wait until Bert returns from his trip.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

same here,it does not work at the moment.I have reverted to the G1000 and works fine.

We will have to wait for Bert to find a solution.

AlainV

Thanks, Alain.  I'm not a big fan of Carenado's G1000, so I will hold off flying the plane until Bert is able to make adjustments to the mods.

Stew

I did not like the V1 at all, but in V2 it is much better.It is not as intuitive as the GTN760 but it works fine and of course you have to learn all the hot spots again.

It takes a fair amount of time but in the end I like it as a spare tool.

Alain

My main problem with V2's G1000 is that I can't select an altitude on the PFD.  I can't move the altitude bug with the knob on the top panel, as I mentioned above.  I can fly the plane all right, but I'd like to be able to select a cruise altitude if I plan on flying for any length of time >15 minutes.  Over all, I like Carenado's airplanes, but I hate their avionics, so every chance I get, I'll use either RealityXP's stuff, or more recently F1's GTN750/GTN650.  The best rendering of avionics I've found so far is in the RealAir Lancair Legacy with the GTN750.  I don't have their Turbine Duke, but I've heard good things about its avionics, too.

Stew

There is a 2d pop up panel for the auto  pilot(shift 4) which is much easier to handle.All the rest works fine for me.Use Shift 6 for all the options.

AlainV