Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

What's the deal with Daedalus - UT2 ?

Hi Folks,

Relatively new to UT2 - but I've played with the interface a bunch - swapped out all the GA Traffic with better models... What's the deal with Daedalus ? Is it just a place holder for real airlines or just fluff to boost traffic ? If it represents real traffic - how do I figure out which models they should be replaced with ??? I still have minimal UT2 Commercial Traffic at airports - even when maxed - and almost none at payware addon airports - I'm guessing the AFCAD parking spaces don't jive ???

Any info appreciated...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

It's been a long time since I've used UT2, but yes they are just place holders, since many repaints are not available in the official package. I think there is a setting to only display missing or daedalus default paints for you to go down the list and replace. If you have minimal traffic you have to uncheck ground shadows in the fsx menus, and make sure you have only one addon afcad file not duplicates.

Hi...

Thanks - ground shadows affect AI - I'll give that a try...

Yeah - I still seem to be missing where I can find what the placeholder plane should actually be... If I see three of them at an airport I can't seem to figure out what airline they are actually representing to see if I can find a suitable model in the FL...

Appreciate the help... I'll keep poking around...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi...

Thanks - ground shadows affect AI - I'll give that a try...

Yeah - I still seem to be missing where I can find what the placeholder plane should actually be... If I see three of them at an airport I can't seem to figure out what airline they are actually representing to see if I can find a suitable model in the FL...

Appreciate the help... I'll keep poking around...

Regards,

Scott

In the drop down boxes for assigning repaints, one of the options is to only have the list be default repaints, or missing repaints.