Sign in to follow this  
LeightonPC

Resetting Scenery Database?

G'day,

I am currently in the process of resetting up my sim after a reinstall but I must have missed a file when deleting everything now I get this error when starting my sim: http://puu.sh/owegj/569ff10d78.png If anyone knows where I can find the database to reset this I would love if you could let me know ;)

Cheers,

Leighton

There is no database, the whole scenery library is based on a simple text file, the "scenery.cfg". The error is caused by a scenery path entry in that file, that does no longer exist.

You will find the current scenery.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX (or \FSX_SE, depending on your type of installation)

The easiest way to reset it to absolute default is to overwrite it with the default scenery.cfg, which you will find in your FSX folder <whereeveryouinstalledit>\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\.

LORBY-SI

The weird thing is I have deleted that folder entirely but it still seems to have my scenery I used to have installed in there. I am struggling to find where it is located.

If you can start the sim, then the file is there, or you would get a totally different error message. Be mindful that folders can always be named either FSX or FSX_SE, dending on what the simulator thought was appropriate when it was installed.

You could search for all scenery.cfg's with your windows explorer search function, see what turns up. The file with the path from the error message in it is the one that your simulator tries to use. 

btw. you properly uninstalled the sim and did not simply delete it from the drive - right?

The weird thing is I have deleted that folder entirely but it still seems to have my scenery I used to have installed in there. I am struggling to find where it is located.

What do you mean exactly by "that folder"? The one in C:\ProgramData?

All scenery is referenced in the scenery.cfg, so that file is all that you need to find - see above.

LORBY-SI