Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Problems with AI Traffic

Guest flyingdanny

Hey guys...I wanted to increase the amount of AI traffic in FS9. Therefore I used Flight Sim Manager 2.8 to install many flight plans, but now I can't see any effect. I had to change the aircrafts listed in the aircraft.txt-files 'cause I did not have them installed. Maybe that's the reason? But actually it should work with replaced aircrafts, doesn't it? I installed all correctly, but can't see any effect. My AI-percentage is 100%, all is right, but the planes do not appear when playing FS. Maybe you could help me.Thanks, Danny.

Ahh, AI traffic. What fun!Not sure what this installing flight plans with Flight Sim Manager 2.8 is, but it also sounds like you are trying to tie the plans to your default AI aircraft, which are rubbish.Best to start again and do one of the following1. Freeware route.Visit http://www.projectai.com/index.php.Click on the official files linkfor your first visit you will need to click on 'PAI installer and special packages' to get the installer.For subsequent visits you can click on the 'pai models and flight dynamics packages' link to download the PAI aircraftWhen you have installed the aircraft packages you can click on the 'airlines' section to download AI traffic by airline.The above will take at least 4 weeks of downloading and installing to get everything. If you are not into PC's and files then it may take longer as you learn the little intricacies2. Pay routeUltimate Traffichttp://www.justflight.com/en/(4gsi4a450czy...j45)/index.aspxFollow the link above and select flight sim addons.Saves ALOT of time!I have a combination of both.Graeme

Hi Danny,First of all your new AI aircraft must all be installed correctly in the FS9 aircraft folder including their aircraft.cfg, model, sound, texture and .air files.In the Traffic Tools folder all new AI aircraft must be present in the Aircraft030528.txt file in the correct syntax. The information between the "..." must be EXACTLY the same as in the above mentioned aircraft.cfg files next to "Title=".The new flight plans in the Traffic Tools FlightPlans030528.txt file must begin with the exact new aircraft numbers as are loaded in the above mentioned Aircraft030528.txt file. Any syntax errors in this file will cause error messages during the TTools compilation process.Don't forget to save any of the above files after editing them.Finaly, you must run the TTools.exe program with FS9 shut down. Select the three files: Airports030528.txt, Aircraft030528.txt and FlightPlans030528.txt in the left window, klik the "Compile" button and let the program do it's work. No error messages should appear otherwise you have done something wrong somewhere and this must be sorted out before you do anything further. After correcting any errors you must re-save the corrected files and run TTools again as above.Now select the file Traffic030528.bgl in the right window, klik the "decompile" button and again let the program do it's work.Check the TTools FlightPlans030528.txt file to see if the new AI flights have no impossible entries e.g. a total flight time of 2 Hrs. but which takes 3 Hrs. or more for the round flight to the given airport and back. Don't forget to include taxi and possible "Go around" times at both airports.Shut down the TTools program. Correct any such errors, save the files and run TTools.exe again as above.Restart FS9 and your new AI aircraft should be visible and active at one of the airports in your new flight plans.If you've done all this and still have problems then I suggest you read the Help file which we all had to do in the beginning.Good luckHansHolland

A crucial element which is often left to last in the AI setup is the airport parking.Basically without enough parking for your flight plans - all AI aircraft at all airports within about 108nm of your location - you will bet stutters, FPS drops and poor performance.You must add extra parking with AFCAD files - PAI has a very good base group and you need to keep looking elsewhere for more.This is one area where almost anyone can contribute to the community.I just wish there would not be 21 AFCAD files for EHAM or 18 for EDDF - each one "100% realistic" - and more for the other airports around the world.That's one advantage of Ultimate Traffic & Traffic 2005 - sufficient parking for the AI aircraft in the initial update download. Not perfect parking - but your perfect EGLL AFCAD will not be hampered by no parking at EGKK, EGLC, EGSS, EGGW.This is just my personal recommendation -Download some of the PAI install, a couple airline packages for your region & the official AFCAD package.Install those and test the impact / effect.You can then get a good idea of what is available.A commercial product such as My Traffic, Ultimate Traffic or Traffic 2005 - will give you a very strong base level if AI traffic - and the time to learn and tweak your setup.If you really want good AI, you will learn to download and install individual models and repaints, add flight plans, etc. You will want to replace many of the first models and repaints you download.The PAI packages will give you a solid base - but there will be many holes in the coverage.The commercial packages will give you a world wise base - more coverage than PAI, but in my opinion a lesser quality of repaint. The models are very similar.This will give you a couple hundred man hour head start on building an AI world.Then you can find that Fernanado Martinez Do228, the Charles Dayhuff CRJ-700 & ERJ-145, the AIA B737NG, the FSP B777, etc and bring the base up to a quality level you want.Don't forget GA traffic - see www.ultimatega.com for some great packages./-----------------------------------------I actually own all three major commercial AI packages and have worked with them quite a bit.The differences come down to three areas:SchedulesUltimate Traffic - real world schedules for 900+ airlines and semi-annual updated schedules - $5.95 for the update for the last two - very reasonable in my opinion.My Traffic - representative schedules - airlines fly in the correct areas of the world but may be present at airports not served by the real airline. He has improved the code share problems.Traffic 2005 - representative schedules - AAL will be at KDFW but not KDAL, and SWA will be at KDAL and not KDFW - the schedules are two airport round trips - not weekly and not adjusted for high peak timesUtilitiesUltimate Traffic - is an AI shell with an automated updater, the ability to assign other models to the schedules, the ability to import other airlines, the ability to not use a UT schedule but one from another source. A good tool in my opinion - but it drives some people nuts.Traffic 2005 - several neat utilities to aid the update process and usage of the programMy Traffic - basically a manual process to update, modify - more control - more time required - in my opinion.Non-Commercial TrafficUltimage Traffic - will use the Microsoft default GA aircraft and flight plans - with realistic registrations if desired.My Traffic - some additional GA and military aircraft available - new schedules beyond the MS default ones.Traffic 2005 - some additional GA aircraft and some AI helicopters - new schedules beyond the MS default ones./--------------------------------------Having said that - a warning - I do use Ultimate Traffic as my AI shell - I've imported almost 100 additional airlines into UT, I've even imported the PAI Military and most of the Ultimate GA packages into the UT shell.For me the key decision was the schedules. Despite the extensive overload of the AI system by "real world" schedules - that's type of AI is want I was seeking for my world.Your needs may be different.