Sign in to follow this  
dohickey

assigned frequency

I first make all my settings this goes smoothly.Once ready i call using call letters and state ready tocopy ifr clearance.They correctly reply.I repeat then i get transferred to ground for taxi.Then on approach to runway i,m told to contact tower,which i do. and say boing 251 ready for departure 25right.They reply go to ground and a freqency which is wrong.As instructed i ignore it then take off after a few attempts.Once airborn i contact departure as usual and get a have a nice day.However the assigned frequency remains the same.The only way i can move on is follow the frequency chart supplied and contact the next ctr as i guess.Thanks David please advise or i will wait to check updates.Still lots of fun.

If tower tells you to go back to ground frequency, it is because tower thinks you have not arrived at the proper runway.  This could be because you are slightly too far from the proper runway, or in fact at a different runway altogether.

Another possibility is you may get transferred to tower near a runway to request permission to cross it.  It is not the departure runway, but rather a hold point.

I will PM you for more information to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Dave