Good evening !

Just a small question about the paintkit. Is it able that the two winglets can be painted different from each other ?
I don´t talk about the big base part of the winglet, I mean the curve on the lower side.
Actually I´m painting Air Berlin/TUIfly´s 'D-ABMU' which has the red Air Berlin winglet on the right and the yellow TUI winglet on the left side.
The lower side can be painted in the "pmdg_737NGX_fuselage_3" texture but is only available one time.

Actually it looks so:

2016-5-16_11-29-48-452zsnq.jpg

I think you all know what I´m talking about :)

Help would be nice :)

Patrick. did you find a solution in the past two years? I was about to paint it as well but got stuck at exact the same point. 

And AVSIM community: I have to say, it´s not nice to not give a single answer. It would be ok if somebody posted: "Sorry, but that´s not possible".

Also an answer from PMDG themselves would be nice. They know it best and might find a solution. MU still flew in 2016 and now in 2018 airberlin is history but I´m still interested and maybe Patrick is still interested in this livery as well. 

Come on guys.

PLEASE

Daniel Reber

When there is only ONE winglet to be painted on the texture , it will be used for both sides and text will be mirrored.

There is nothing to do about for a painter.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Its programmed in the 3D software of the aircraft.
Only the maker of the model can make changes here.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

PMDG was the maker of the model

I can assure you they won`t change a thing on the model if you are asking.

Others are not able to change things and whenever someone should succeed in changing it PMDG would not allow to pubish it.

Forget about the winglets.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

I really don´t know what the point was to make it available only once in the paintkit. There are and were enough 737s out there which had winglets in different colours or a logo on it where you need the part twice. No idea why they didn´t include it a second time. As long as you only have to paint it in the same colour, painters would for sure not have problems with painting it twice...

Daniel Reber

The point to make it available just once?

We see stupid things like this on very many models,
Most of the times its due to the fact the developers of the 3D models are no painters themselves and,  and thats really bad, they do not want to spend time/money in discussing the mapping sceme of the texturising with a skilled painter who knows the needs of quality-painting.

Sometimes I get the impression publishing the plane a.s.a.p.   ( making money) seems to be more important than quality in details.
Glitches like these can also be simple mistakes ( wich could have been avoided ) 

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints