Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

FYI EZCA Installs native into P3D

Well no more fussing with ezca and no migration tool needed - installed and worked perfectly with migration tool disabled - info for anyone that doesnt know this

You go to flight1 ezca download page and grab 1.187 wrapper and good to go - what a relief this is - also Kevin from simforums (great support) explained that this version has a config tool that will install it into FSX or P3D meaning you can have both sims installed at the same time if thats how you roll   :wink:

Rich Sennett

Well no more fussing with ezca and no migration tool needed - installed and worked perfectly with migration tool disabled - info for anyone that doesnt know this

You go to flight1 ezca download page and grab 1.187 wrapper and good to go - what a relief this is - also Kevin from simforums (great support) explained that this version has a config tool that will install it into FSX or P3D meaning you can have both sims installed at the same time if thats how you roll :wink:

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the heads up! I am one of many who became disillusioned with this popular utility. It never seemed to work properly for me in P3D v2.x so, in the end, I uninstalled it in the hope that someday the author would roll up his sleeves and sort it all out. It appears that this may now have happened - hooray!

Downloaded v.1.18.7 from Flight 1 last night in the hope I wouldn't have to purchase it again for my new rig with Prepar3D v3.2. No go, my old licence (purchased 2014) doesn't work :( Tried everything I could think of, including following the instructions for transferring to another computer, but stopped short of having my attempts locked out. So, accepted the inevitable and went ahead and purchased a fresh licence. If it turns out to be performing as well as folk are saying this time around then it will have been money well spent. Will install later today. Fingers crossed!

Regards,

Mike

No go, my old licence (purchased 2014) doesn't work :sad:

You should not have to buy it again I bought mine many years ago way before 2014 and works fine - you have to send for a new license I believe on Their automated service - you can get a refund also - they are good about that as they have a 30 day refund policy - look into it  -  your license just ran out thats all

Rich Sennett

you have to send for a new license I believe on Their automated service

Hi Rich,

Thought I'd tried that yesterday, but kept telling me that my password was wrong so was unable to progress. This was strange as I accessed my account at Flight 1 without any obstacles and was able to change my password - you can only do this providing you can enter your existing password. Clearly I got muddled somewhere along the line..lol

I may follow your helpful advice regarding the refund, we'll see. Sometimes it's worth encouraging a project by not appearing to be too parsimonious. Flight 1 are the masters when it comes to making you jump through hoops to achieve your goals...legitimately...and who really can blame them in today's climate. Pity it can seem confusing for infrequent purchasers of their advertised products.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Rich,

Thought I'd tried that yesterday, but kept telling me that my password was wrong so was unable to progress. This was strange as I accessed my account at Flight 1 without any obstacles and was able to change my password - you can only do this providing you can enter your existing password. Clearly I got muddled somewhere along the line..lol

I may follow your helpful advice regarding the refund, we'll see. Sometimes it's worth encouraging a project by not appearing to be too parsimonious. Flight 1 are the masters when it comes to making you jump through hoops to achieve your goals...legitimately...and who really can blame them in today's climate. Pity it can seem confusing for infrequent purchasers of their advertised products.

Regards,

Mike

Yes something is a miss and it is confusing - send e-mail to them they will clear it up and give you a refund but I would assume you need to uninstall your new version and sort the old one out to get refund which they will help you with

Rich Sennett

Downloaded v.1.18.7 from Flight 1 last night in the hope I wouldn't have to purchase it again for my new rig with Prepar3D v3.2. No go, my old licence (purchased 2014) doesn't work Tried everything I could think of, including following the instructions for transferring to another computer, but stopped short of having my attempts locked out.

Mike, I could be wrong but maybe you just ran out of activation limits 

Problems with Activation.  

If you have reached your Activation Limit.  You can go to Flight1 Support  http://www.flight1.c...sp?page=service  and scroll down to  "Reactivate your Order"  Enter your Details,  Your order Number will be in your Original Purchase Email,  It will start something like 119xxxx  

24850304203_c8a3be817b_o.png
  • Upvote 1

Mike, I could be wrong but maybe you just ran out of activation limits

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for stepping in to help. Where would we be without you? I think I may have said it before, but it's certainly worth repeating: Your guides are second to none and richly deserving of all the accolades they receive. The time and effort spent with their meticulous construction is evident for all to see and I would like to assure you that it doesn't go unnoticed.

Now, EZdok EZCA. Rather than hang around and negotiate licence reactivations, etc. I decided just to crack on and install my freshly purchased v.1.18.7 with it's spanking new shiny licence :) I followed your guide closely, Elaine, and encountered nary a problem. Actually, not quite true, there was one issue relating to antiviral exclusions. My ESET NOD32 intercepted something (unfortunately I didn't note the particular file, but it might have been the EZCA executable). I didn't waste time over it and just reinstalled over the first installation after excluding the target folder. No problems thereafter. The point I'm trying to make is that you cannot exclude the target folder from being scanned if it doesn't exist prior to starting the installation. Adding the Installer to the exclusions zone didn't prevent this interception. The only other ways to prevent this from happening would be to disable the A/V product temporarily before the installation is started or create an EZCA folder and exclude it as you would do later on. Anyway, thought I should mention it in case you felt you should update your guide.

Now, all we need is a written Dummy's guide showing us all how to untangle the secrets offered by this product...hint, hint ;) No, I think you've done more than enough for us already relating to EZDok EZCA and I see there's plenty stuff on YouTube relating to P3D, including v3.2.

What with the superbly enhanced visuals produced by the v1.1 RealismShaderPack, and now my reintroduction to EZDok EZCA, the upcoming P3D v3.3 seems somehow less appealing. It will have to go some to convince me that a further change is necessary or, indeed, needed. Who am I kidding...LOL! Still, there is an element of truth to this as, right now, a carefully customised P3D is pretty special and a richly rewarding experience :)

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1