Sign in to follow this  
sizziano

Amazing, noticed just a few things.

Guys this thing is absolutely amazing just noticed a couple of things on my first test flight. Could be isolated to my sim because of plugins but I will post regardless. First is I noticed a loud popping noise when moving in and out of the exterior and interior views. It wouldn't happen all the time but it was noticeable. Second is that the #1 engine cowl flaps don't seem to move, all the other ones seemed ok. Finally not a bug but a feature request; a system like the IXEG 733 or the FF 767 that blocks any input from your hardware levers until they are near the sim ones would be nice to avoid those sudden jumps experienced when turning off the AFE.

Cheers and great job again.

First is I noticed a loud popping noise when moving in and out of the exterior and interior views. It wouldn't happen all the time but it was noticeable.

We're doing a lot of custom processing of sounds. I think this might be a byproduct of it. It may be more noticeable on certain hardware.

Second is that the #1 engine cowl flaps don't seem to move, all the other ones seemed ok.

Not seeing this here. Both A and B models have movable cowl flap knobs and animations.

Cheers and great job again.

Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

We're doing a lot of custom processing of sounds. I think this might be a byproduct of it. It may be more noticeable on certain hardware.

Not seeing this here. Both A and B models have movable cowl flap knobs and animations.

Thanks!

Yes the cowl flap could be a weird loading quirk. Let me reload it and see. Yep everything is fine now! 

Hi, guys!

I really enjoy flying the PMDG DC-6 but I noticed few things that are not right. I noticed that when I stall the DC-6 I hear the stock X-plane stall warning horn sound which indeed sounds terrible and very unrealistic, and the another thing is I also hear a little bit of the stock X-plane landing gear retraction and extraction sound once again indeed sounds terrible and very unrealistic. The feature request is: the realistic stall warning horn sound if the real DC-6 have one, and the more realistic landing gear retraction and extraction sound. Thanks!

Cheers

Vincent Majerowicz

the realistic stall warning horn sound if the real DC-6 have one

There isn't one, but we left it in. We're removing it for the next update.

and the more realistic landing gear retraction and extraction sound

So...more realistic than the one we got off of an actual DC-6...got it...

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, Scandinavian13!

I'm sorry I did not word it right in the 2nd sentence of my post. I meant to say when I stall the DC-6 the stall warning horn sounds but it is the stock X-plane stall warning horn sound but I don't know if the real DC-6 have the stock X-plane stall warning horn sound or not, but the DC-6 have some kind of stall warning sound such as the DC-6 will start to buffet when it approaches stalling speed. Thanks!

Cheers

Vincent Majerowicz

Hi, Scandinavian13!

I'm sorry I did not word it right in the 2nd sentence of my post. I meant to say when I stall the DC-6 the stall warning horn sounds but it is the stock X-plane stall warning horn sound but I don't know if the real DC-6 have the stock X-plane stall warning horn sound or not, but the DC-6 have some kind of stall warning sound such as the DC-6 will start to buffet when it approaches stalling speed. Thanks!

Cheers

Vincent Majerowicz

You need to reread what he wrote. The DC-6 doesn't have a stall horn so they will remove it in the next update. The landing gear sound is not the stock sound but one recorded off of a real DC-6.

Hi, sizziano!

I must've misread what Scandinavia13 wrote. That makes sense! Thanks!

Cheers

Vincent