Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

FS crashes to desktop - but only in the Caribbean (?!)

I have during yesterday and today completely reinstalled Windows XP and then FS9.1 on my PC. I find now that there is one part of the world (may have been like this before I reinstalled - I rarely fly there) where, if I select to start from any airport within that area, the scenery starts to load but then FS just disappears when the terrain is shown as loading, very near the start - no error messages, just sudden bare desktop. No (FSGenesis) terrain mesh installed as yet. (Do that tomorrow!).This happens in the Caribbean, from Puerto Rico all the way down the islands to Martinique inclusive. Further south or north, and things are fine. Also Falkland islands - maybe lots of other places....Can anyone suggest a cure, 'cos I hardly know where to start. I tried disabling all my add-on scenery, but I still get the same thing. Do I need to reload some files from the FS CD-ROMs? I have a full Excel list of all the file locations for FS9, but I can't see at all which I should try reloading.Or maybe it's something quite different?Martin S

Hi Martin. I would suggest looking for a duplicate AFCAD file, FS9 does not like those at all and many addon sceneries may well have added one without your knowledge.Look for a file called "ScanAFD" here in the file library. Unzip and run it and see if it finds anything. If it does, that may fix the problem.Good luck, hope it works.Ed GreenKCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/DEV.jpg

There were some - I removed them. FS still crashes to desktop in the same areas! Thanks anyway ...M.