Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeffg

ARIANE 737-700 V2 Watch OUT !!!

posted this thread because I know that a lot of people want to know if spending almost 80

Guest Knikolaes

I chcked out the Ariane site after reading this. To correct the conversion, it is actually a little over $100USD for the plane. That is a full flight lesson for me out at the FBO in real life. Looking at the screenshots and information, with the exception of the BBJ I do not see anything with that aircraft worth that sort of money. I'd go PMDG, as it is far cheaper and you actually get more features and immediate customer support.If they used a simpler activation such as the Flight1 wrapper, I was actually going to consider using some of my financial aid refund on that BBJ, but if the install/re-install is THAT painful, I will not. I have Broadband Cable, and with all the hackers and such out there today I refuse to lower everything for my computer for that kind of program. Even Flight1's wrapper uses basic internet settings, so I do not even have to touch my firewalls to use it.I also noticed on the Ariane site othr products that they seem to charge outrageously for. Their soundsets, for instance -- I have a video somewhere on this machine that demos the stereo kit. Freeware designers such as Devyn Silverstein do a lot better than that (and he does BEAUTIFUL work I might add -- I have downloaded ALL of Devyn's files and use them religiously). But over $50 USD for a soundset for one aircraft? . . . crazy.I appreciate your input. I do not think I am going to splurge that refund on this item anymore.

I bought this plane because it has some feature that PMDG does not have such as IRS, Fuel Pump working,... but right now, I even don't know how this plane fly I still cannot try it. I told them that this is not a correct way to deal with customer who spend almost 100$ for a simple plane (but this is my decision and I can understand the price) but I expect a minimum of respect. I sent them an email that I will spread the word around community but they don't even read their message...I would be glad to share my experience and make a comparison between PMDG and Ariane but right now I'm stucked ...Wait and see...

I had an issue with ariane too but not with the plane that you are talking about. They are a pain in the A$$! Will never buy from them again!!!

Something I found very strange I met a lot of person who had very experience with Ariane but no one tell a word about it. If someone talked me that it was a lot of problem with this company I can swear you I would have not bought this planeI want to fly my 100$ plane .....! :)

You must be kidding. There have been dozens of red-hot flaming threads about Ariane on these forums. You would have served yourself well to have done a search first before buying.Good luck...you're going to need it.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest bigun

Mehdi,Not sure if this is any help, but I've purchased several Ariane packages including the VCe 737 and the new Version 2 of the package (and yes I know their prior history etc, etc, etc) Although I agree that their activation system is a royal pain, I have to say that they have ALWAYS responded quickly and professionally to any support issues I have come across. Don't even bother with the online registration process. It may work sometimes but I've never known anyone that has had success with it. Use the e-mail registration process. Read the install instructions CAREFULLY. The system will automatically generate system codes and send them via e-mail to the proper address. You should get a response within about a day or so. Then follow the instructions CAREFULLY to enter your codes. Everything should work fine.Make sure you again follow the instructions CAREFULLY and back up the files that the instructions tell you to backup for re-install. If you do this you can delete and re-install to your hearts content without re-activating (which Ariane will only do under very specific circumstances).Like I said in the beginning, the support persons have been very helpful for me with issues and best of all, the V2 flies extremely well and is a blast to operate. As you can see from my banner, I am very much a PMDG supporter and will always love the PMDG 737 but the Ariane version really does have some very unique features that add a lot to the package.Hope this helps and sorry for being so long winded.

Just to give them the benefit of the doubt, I had a recent experience with a friend where I had sent an email and had no response. Lo and behold, my email address used was being filtered by his spam blocker because it was an "anonymous" email address (i.e. hotmail, yahoo) that many spammers try to use. If you have access to another email address try using it in case that's an issue. They may simply be missing your emails.I understand your frustrations and I am glad you shared your experience, but please other simmers, don't start the Ariane bashing again. Many people I respect here do like the product, other people I respect don't--that's the nature of just about anything. I don't think a negative post should generate a million "sympathy posts" when the vendor has been discussed to death in these forums.For Ariane's sake, I still feel posts like this should serve as another reminder of the benefit having their own forums should have. People expect that type of value in a product with a high price tag. That doesn't mean all will be praise, but it certainly gives the product the professional polish that matches some of the outstanding screenshots our users have shared as well as better justifying the pricetag in the virtual retail aisle.-John

John you speak like a well wise man but you know I already tried to send my email with 3 differents account. Hotmail, mmmprod.com my home site and from my isp name...Thank you also George for your kind message. But I already tried everything start the email registration process but no answer perhaps it is vacation time in England or I don't know but I will try to wait again and again. I don't have other thing to do just waiting and looking the 100$ being taken faster than my fly...

I don't want to flame Ariane... But this has to be said clearly, it is important even if they missed my 10 emails...I will trully tell the plane is wonderfull if it is cleary wonderfull but as soon as I will be able to fly with it but until then I'm just a guy who spent 100$ for nothing and thatis why I'm a liittle bit annoyed.I just hope it can be understood...Sorry if I'm a bit rude with this company but I repeat it has to be clearly said.

I would call my credit card company and notify them of the vendor's failure to deliver a usable product. Regardless of stated refund policies, call you cc company and have them issue a charge back. Include any emails and documentation when ask. Charge backs are expensive for vendors and can affect discount rates and their ability to accept charges. Shove into their court if you are that dissatisfied.Bob.. :)

I have to stress if you take Bob's advice, be sure to document well. In every business I've worked in, we feared chargebacks for the reason Bob states--our discount rates were very much tied into how many we received that were for valid reasons. On the other hand, a chargeback without the right documentation can hurt the consumer in the eyes of the CC company, so if you need to, send a couple more emails (to Ariane) and cc yourself so you can have more substantial proof of your troubles. Hopefully you'll receive the product you paid for, I should add, and not have to go through this trouble.-John

Here is a post from another customer who had a bad experience""I also have had bad experiences with Ariane. Purchased just a 737 Classic KLM model for $30 USD. I ended up accidentally losing the file and I sent them an e-mail with all my details asking if I could get another download link. They replied that I would have to purchase the model again to get access to new link. Terrible support. Sticking to PMDG for sure...""I'm sorry to insist, perhaps I'm a little bit childish but I'm sorry that is totally insane. And no one talk about it anywhere ?...That is right I have not seek the forum first but please I have not thought than a flight simulator company could do such thing...I repeat and sorry John to insist: This has to be clearly said ...