Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeffg

ARIANE 737-700 V2 Watch OUT !!!

Guest Knikolaes

>>Make sure you again follow the instructions CAREFULLY and back>up the files that the instructions tell you to backup for>re-install. If you do this you can delete and re-install to>your hearts content without re-activating (which Ariane will>only do under very specific circumstances).>Question on that part though - - - I do a lot of hardware upgrading. My most recent was the 4 GB of memory and a 400GB SATA hard drive that replaced my Ultras and cleared some space in my case.Is it true Ariane has a "hardware" detection on their plane so if you upgrade and do one of those reinstalls then you can't?Also I reformat Windows once every 3 months. It keeps my comp0uter runnign beautifully and it takes less than an hour to re-activate my flight1, FSD, eaglesoft and other add-ons (I use partitioning :-) ).You said Ariane will only reactive under various circumstances. So if a customer buys Ariane do they get nailed for hardware changeouts, etc?

Guest Knikolaes

I want to state clearly as well I am not trying to flame Ariane. I am just very skeptical of an aircraft add-on that is so pricey and has issues a lot of folks seems to have issues about. I am hoping to learn enough from this thread to go for a "ye" or "nay" on my eventually buying the BBJ. My big issues are the ability to reinstall and the other is the price.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hahaha, yep. Ariane is pretty insane in terms of what they want to be entitled to in terms of being too lazy to look for the customer's info. I mean, charging to let you get a product you already bought back? :-lol That's just preposterous.Of course, Ariane has always been greeted with the same reactions by many of us: Caveat emptor. Did anyone see their new "trial VCe" deal? That one cracked me up. :-lolDaniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

$100 for an add-on? *cough* Are they out of their minds? I don't have a problem forking up $40 for an excellent add-on, but I would NEVER EVER pay more than 50 bucks and boycott those companies by NOT buying it.The 737PIC is just around the corner and hopefully everyone is smart enough not to buy an outragously priced product. Period.

"$100 for an add-on? *cough* Are they out of their minds?"As I said, this issue has been argued over and beaten to death. Unless something new can be added to the discussion that is a help to the thread's author, perhaps the better solution is to lock the thread? If I choose to go that route, don't accuse me of being heavy handed, as it's not as if I did not drop a strong ***HINT*** that this had better not become another Ariane bashing thread.-John

Wow John I'm currently on a flight to Nice and I did not see the repliesDon't close it please I need some feedback about my case if someone has a clue or something good to say.It is not a bashing thread... of course people are a little bit annoyed, this kind of thing can make you really angree and tha is totally normalLet's be constructive...Now I have to continue my flight

No problem--I welcome people to join in and help you. If necessary, I will "prune" the thread on an as needed basis to weed out the more blatant bashing... I know you came into the thread just hoping to use the product you paid for, and I hope that still can come to pass.-John

Sooorry. I've never heard or seen anything in here about Ariane products - it was just the inital reaction about hearing the prize.That said, I have one question: What is the difference between the "Promotion Pack" and the "Special Edition Pack"? In the "News" section of their website, it says that it is basically a trial(??) of 'around one month', but on the offical description on the order page nothing is being mentioned about it being a time-limited trial...!?

For my part I don't care about the price, as John said wisely I'm just wiling to have something I paid forMan I'm sorry to tell that but I don't really want to make their advertise right now. Just run away this plane until we see how this all this story will end...I will keep you inform about that

So they charge 100USD for a 700NG and don't even provide a free EFIS upgrade to their SWA version as stated in the manual? Wow, what a bunch of ********. Words can't describe how bad the plane is to begin with.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>For my part I don't care about the price, as John said wisely>I'm just wiling to have something I paid for>No you don't but, it's customers like you that keep the prices spirralling upward. If you only think of your self, don't expect any pity on here?Maybe a bit of research before you buy wouldn't go amiss?I, like the majority on here wouldn't dream of paying such a ridiculously high price for an add-on.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi bob,I did the same, I called my Visa company and was issued a refund. I will NEVER, purchase from them again!.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

>>For my part I don't care about the price, as John said>wisely>>I'm just wiling to have something I paid for>>>No you don't but, it's customers like you that keep the prices>spirralling upward. If you only think of your self, don't>expect any pity on here?>>Maybe a bit of research before you buy wouldn't go amiss?>>I, like the majority on here wouldn't dream of paying such a>ridiculously high price for an add-on.>>Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active>'FlightSim User's Group' member at>http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/You are forgetting one thing here; it's his choice to do so with his money as he pleases. It is not so much the money involved, although it plays a role. The man only wants what he PAID for not how much it cost. I personally would not buy the Ariane offering, but I'm not above paying for what I want if I get the bang for every buck/dollar spent to my expectation. The issue here is about customer service and the quality of doing business with Ariane. Not so much the price, I pay for something if I think it has what I want in it for the price they are asking; if it does not then I close my wallet, but I don't slam the people that do pay for it anyway.vote with your wallet; it is more effective economically...like not buying gas in the US on the weekends...can really send a message

"No you don't but, it's customers like you that keep the prices spirralling upward. If you only think of your self, don't expect any pity on here?"Whether it's buying Ariane's product or voting for Richard Nixon, he has that right as much as you have the right to choose not to. Ariane isn't going to lower their prices because you and/or the community at large chooses not to purchase their products. Actually, given the mindset in their company, they'd likely raise the prices if fewer were buying. They believe--and neither you or I will change that--that a high price tag is a measure of quality. I don't believe that, but they do. Regardless, no customer of any product here should be given the "blame" for high prices or be accused of being selfish. They aren't paid enough by you to be given such grief. Or are you prowling the hardware forums giving customers grief for shelling out $2000 for good MSFS hardware?-John