Sign in to follow this  
kingm56

Ground Service

MCE Team,

I recently purchased AH2 early access; unfortunately, it appears to conflict with MCE ground services.  Specifically, when AH2 connects, it lunches an in-screen menu via SimConnect, which I think MCE is interpreting as GSX or ASE optons.  Thus, right after the screen launches, i hear "hi my name is blah and I'll handle ground service."  After that, MCE won't handle my pushback, even though he acknowledges my commands.  Instead, MCE just says my partner will handle pushback, or something like that.  Is there a way around this?  I really like MCE pushback option.  Thank you, FS++!  

Matt King

MCE Team,

I recently purchased AH2 early access; unfortunately, it appears to conflict with MCE ground services.  Specifically, when AH2 connects, it lunches an in-screen menu via SimConnect, which I think MCE is interpreting as GSX or ASE optons.  Thus, right after the screen launches, i hear "hi my name is blah and I'll handle ground service."  After that, MCE won't handle my pushback, even though he acknowledges my commands.  Instead, MCE just says my partner will handle pushback, or something like that.  Is there a way around this?  I really like MCE pushback option.  Thank you, FS++!  

Does AH2 have a key-combo to trigger its Simconnect window? And if yes, which one?

Do you have GSX installed at all

What MCE version are you on?

"Does AH2 have a key-combo to trigger its Simconnect window? And if yes, which one"

It does (ctrl + 1); however, it launches the screen automatically when you connect AH2 to flight sim.

"Do you have GSX installed at all"

NO - With MCE, I don't see the need for it.

Matt King

With MCE, I don't see the need for it.

In earlier versions, when Ground Services are set to native mode, MCE would kick-start GSX using default key anyway. And if a Simconnect type window is detected, it would switch to GSX mode automatically.

With more recent versions, MCE would read the exact trigger key combo from GSX in "...\AppDta\Roaming\Virtuali\KeyMapping.ini" file. And if it doesn't find any, will remain in Native mode, and I guess this is the one you're on.

Unless you update, try this workaround...

Go to "Advanced options" panel and select option "Use AES".

Restart MCE and see if that helps.