Sign in to follow this  
Helix1250

Tinkering with Dash 8 voxscript question.

Afternoon everyone!

I mainly fly the Dash and I am in the process of tweaking the voxscripts and checklists, but need to see if anyone can help.

What I am trying to achieve is this, during the preflight setup (flow) I am trying to get the control/gust lock to automatically be set to on. And then during after start flows for gust lock to be turned off for the flight control check.

I need it to come on and off at other points as well, however I have looked to see if there is any commands I can use on voxscripts but I haven't seen one. I don't suppose anyone has come across a way to do it?

Cheers Rob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Afternoon everyone!

I mainly fly the Dash and I am in the process of tweaking the voxscripts and checklists, but need to see if anyone can help.

What I am trying to achieve is this, during the preflight setup (flow) I am trying to get the control/gust lock to automatically be set to on. And then during after start flows for gust lock to be turned off for the flight control check.

I need it to come on and off at other points as well, however I have looked to see if there is any commands I can use on voxscripts but I haven't seen one. I don't suppose anyone has come across a way to do it?

Cheers Rob

It appears MCE Q400 specific documentation didn't list them. Here they are (taken for PMDG J41 specific manual).

To engage gust lock

<any line from the list> (required)
    gust lock on
    gust lock set
    engage gust lock
    set the gust lock
    set gust lock
    lock the flight controls
    lock flight controls
    secure the flight controls
    secure flight controls
<End choice>

you_may_utter_an_extra_Word_or_two_here (optional)

To remove gust lock
<any line from the list> (required)
    remove the gust lock
    remove gust lock
    release the gust lock
    release gust lock
    gust lock release
    gust lock remove
    unlock the flight controls
    unlock flight controls
    release the flight controls
    release flight controls
    free the flight controls
    free flight controls
<End choice>

you_may_utter_an_extra_Word_or_two_here (optional)

The above are secured against spurious recognition and will require confirmation when given as direct commands to FO. When scripted, they are assumed to be intentional.

Many thanks Gerald.

I love how fleaxble and adaptable MCE is to meet your own needs. I never fly without it now :)

Rob