Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

Loading Scenarios Has No Effect

When I started to run the tutorials I found loading the scenarios did nothing. The scenario files are present in the documentation folder, but selecting LOAD has no effect. It just makes the scenario popup disappear. For info, each of the two scenario files has 1150 lines of text.

ki9cAAb.jpg

When I started to run the tutorials I found loading the scenarios did nothing. The scenario files are present in the documentation folder, but selecting LOAD has no effect. It just makes the scenario popup disappear. For info, each of the two scenario files has 1150 lines of text.

I think I have a note in the tutorials about where to put them (I'm not at my sim computer because my router died, and am on my laptop at a Starschmucks to answer tickets). They're in the Docs folder because I didn't want the installer to overwrite someone's existing Scenario any time a reinstall was required to update. The instructions should direct you to put them in the main aircraft folder (I think it does, from what I remember when I wrote them...specifically the 6B folder).

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I think I have a note in the tutorials about where to put them (I'm not at my sim computer because my router died, and am on my laptop at a Starschmucks to answer tickets). They're in the Docs folder because I didn't want the installer to overwrite someone's existing Scenario any time a reinstall was required to update. The instructions should direct you to put them in the main aircraft folder (I think it does, from what I remember when I wrote them...specifically the 6B folder).

Thanks, you're right, there is a note which I missed. And yes, it does tell you to copy them to the DC-6B folder. I see the reasoning, but it's a shame there has to be this manual step. It might be worth adding a note about needing to copy the scenario files in the Intro Manual where it discribes the Scenario Manager. That was where I went to look for info about scenarios. The problem I see is with scenarios is remembering what each one you save is. It's a shame there is no facility to save a named file, like there is with FSX panel states.

I found a small problem with the scenario manager. If I am already on ground at KSEA and load scenario 2 it puts me on the GA ramp, shutdown, as per Tutorial 2. If I'm at KPDX loading scenario 2 puts me on KSEA 34L with the engines running.

ki9cAAb.jpg