Sign in to follow this  
Purr

sound question

I think a long time ago there was a post relating to the issue of how there is no sound change in pulling back the manifold pressure until you pull waaaaaaay back. I thought there was a simple adjustment to fix this. Seems not right to have to pull back to cruise levels before you hear any kind of change.

Can someone point me to this fix kindly? Or what would need to be changed in the aircraft.cfg?

thanks!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

well... in fact you should not hear a change in engine sound as long as you are within the governor range. Only if you reduce RPM with the blue levers, the sound goes down.

Compare it with the A2A Comanche, same here - they even implemented a very small change in sound when reducing power, but the governor reacts and 1 second later it is on the same level again.