Sign in to follow this  
sdenton

will not load

I start getting your computer is running out of memory,which I know it is not any way Took out windows 10 put it back in every thing is running great and pass all the test only thing came up was my video card could not run and Primary surface test.So I went out got and new card ran the test same thing.So I try to put in FSX and got the same error Data error cyclic redundancy check.So I replaced it with my old video card.The only thing I found on all my drives they are set up to run by "Authenticated users "   ??? I switch to systems and go back and back on authenticated users??? After all this my problem is that error Data error cyclic redundancy check can not get their could use some help......thanks

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Perhaps the following link will help - http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Cyclic-Redundancy-Check-Error

If you are having problems with the FSX DVD, they are having a sale for FSX-SE until 23 June.  That might be a better option.  See our Bargain Hunter's Forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim did that one no help,do you think I really need and new disk???? I try to load it all the way default path an same error ?? I have been trying to put it on its own drive.

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

To put FSX on the non-default drive, you will have an opportunity to click on Options to select another drive.

First of all though you need to make sure Windows 10 is recognizing all of your drives installed.  If not, then you will have to open up your case and make sure the connections to the HDD or SSD or connected properly and try again.  Or purchase a new HDD and connect it to your system.  Not much anyone can do for you if Windows 10 is not recognizing your HDD's.   You can open up disk management to see if Windows is recognizing your HDD's  - http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/7-ways-to-open-disk-management-in-windows-10.html

Best regards,

I start getting your computer is running out of memory,which I know it is not any way Took out windows 10 put it back in every thing is running great and pass all the test only thing came up was my video card could not run and Primary surface test.

I read your OP again and you got a message that your computer was running out of memory.  When did this happen.  During the end of an FSX session?  It doesn't necessarily mean you are running out of memory, just running out Virtual Address Space (VAS).

So then you uninstalled/reinstalled Windows 10 and everything was working great and it passed all the tests except for the video card (wonder how you could see the error if the video card could not run.  Perhaps using on-board graphics?).  So you replaced the video card with a new one.  Got the same error. 

So, even though the video card had errors, you went ahead and put in FSX (installed FSX) but got the same error (I suspect the video card error)  "Data error cyclic redundancy check" which indicates a HDD/DVD failure or issue and the error has nothing to do with a video card.  Maybe you inserted the DVD for FSX into the DVD drive and you got this error?  That usually means there is a scratch or you have a dirty FSX DVD.  Check.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim got FSX in but putting in acceleration got to putting in updating component registration that is when it sort of stall then the "Data Error cyclic redundancy check" I had a guy at the Microsoft store said that error had some thing to due with RAID ? and I am sorry I do not a thing about it I am reading about it now.But I check tested every thing and it came out ok all drivers are in and working.Any ideas??? Thanks  Did some reading on this and I really do not need it,and thinking about disable it what do you think????

I had a guy at the Microsoft store said that error had some thing to due with RAID ?

You probably do not have the RAID driver installed or the latest one - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver

As stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, I would download and run one of those driver updater programs (especially after installing or reinstalling a new OS).  These are drivers for your hardware and your USB ports and your SATA controllers.  I use Driver Booster which is a freeware program but it has a lot of nags to try to get you to purchase a license.  Still it is free - http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php.  This program will make sure you have the latest installed.

Other than providing you a link to the latest RAID drivers, I have no information on installing RAID.  Evidently your system was set up with a RAID configuration and, when you installed Windows10 you needed to update the drivers.  Ever since I had one HDD in a RAID array crash on me and cause me to lose a most of my personal information/data like pictures, I have refused to use it again.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM