Sign in to follow this  
Domestos

Nvidia Inspector (again)

Sorry to ask this, but...

What is the most up to date advice on Nividia Inspector settings now we're on 3.3 etc.

I have shimmering quite badly and I'm trying to get rid of it.

I have the following

I5 4690

8.00 Gb ddr3

gtx 780 

windows 10

Thanks

Jim Harris

Hi Jim,

What size is your monitor? I do not have any noticeable shimmering using a 2560x1440 monitor. Higher resolution monitors do seem to reduce this problem.

Shimmering can be fixed by setting Sparse Grid Super Sampling AA in NI and also  selecting "enhance the application setting" at the same time but it comes at quite a significant performance penalty, especially when clouds are present - and it does not even need to be heavily overcast. Other benefits from this setting is smoother lines on runways and your aircraft, but it is not worth the performance hit in my opinion - and I run what I would like to think is fairly high end hardware. 

Other than the above settings that some are using, I don't think many here on the forums are using NI to configure the graphics driver at all.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thank Greg,

It's a 22" 1920x1080 monitor. 

I'm just trying those settings now, I used override the application settings before, but I'll see how this works. 

As my eyesight slowly gets worse I'm thinking a big monitor would help! I just need to find the cash.

Jim

For the Sparse Grid Super Sampling, try both 2x SGSS and 4xSGSS. Obviously 4 x is much harder on the system, so if 2x works for you, leave it there. Test both with and without clouds to see what kind of impact it has on your system (with regards frame rates).

I do think a monitor change would help a lot. I run a 27 inch now with the 1440 resolution and it was a really good investment, did not cost too much either, equivalent of around $600 I guess. I figured that it is the single most relevant part of the PC - the part you interface with 100% of the time, so made sense to invest on this part just as much as the CPU or graphics card. :-).

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor