Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys, so I have been having USB problems in another thread I created, upon further research with ASUS they determined it was a motherboard hardware issue. They are starting the advanced RMA process to ship me another mobo. It will be the same model, the ROG VIII Hero. My question is, about licenses on the pc right now.

Windows 10 activation, P3D activation, FSDT etc. I got Win 10 off my Windows 7 key and am really not sure whats going to happen when the PC sees the new hardware ID. 

Any advice?

Hey,

I've moved to the Asus ROG Hero VIII Maximus just last year and did a fresh install of everything - W10 - P3D - PMDG etc.

I was running W7 on the older Mobo and upgraded from W7 to the W10 for free on the new MB.

So if I were to replace Mobo again, I would definitely install my retail W7 first and attempt to upgrade to W10 and see if that works.

On another note, I too am having USB issues on my Hero VIII Maximus.

My USB3 DSLR Nikon D810 does not get recognized any more irrespective if I install W7 or W10.

The camera works perfect on any other PC or laptop - w7 or w10.. Just not via my Hero VIII

If you don't mind me asking, where were your USB issues? 

I need to get in touch with Asus too.. How do I go about doing that??

M

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

Hello Angelo,

Using Basically the same Hardware, You should have No Problem Booting into the Operating System on the Hard drive, and things are, sort of Exactly the same, What will probably happen is Windows is going to look around, and say, Hey, There's a lot of Stuff changed around here, and You will have to Reactivate Windows. This should be NO problem, they give You a Phone Number, or You might be able to do it on Line, I don't remember even having to use an Activation Key, You just phone in, they Look at Your Computer, that's it ! Hop into Your Favorite Winged Beauty, and Cram the Throttles !

Good Luck - Johnman B)

If it's the same model MB it shouldn't be a problem, it's usually multiple hardware changes that trigger activation. If you do need to activate again, it will probably be online, if not the automated phone line is easy enough.

Don't worry.