Sign in to follow this  
Helix1250

Duel FS install

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking to switch to P3D, but I haven't done so just yet. I was just wondering if it's possible to run MCE in both versions of FS. And would this require a second install of MCE as I plan to have separate SSD's for FSX-SE and P3D.

Any help would be fantastic :)

Rob

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking to switch to P3D, but I haven't done so just yet. I was just wondering if it's possible to run MCE in both versions of FS. And would this require a second install of MCE as I plan to have separate SSD's for FSX-SE and P3D.

Any help would be fantastic :)

Rob

You can use it with Prepar3D, FSX, FSX-SE and even FS9.

As long as the boot drive (C:) is the same, you only need one key. Flight sims can be installed to any drive. MCE will detect whichever sim is running and connect to it.

If you install a sim AFTER MCE was installed, you need to re-install MCE, so it can copy the necessary files to \Flight Sim folder\. (you could eventually manually copy and paste a few files to avoid re-installing)

fsInsider.dll to \Flight Sim folder\.

A folder named <MCE dlls> is added to \Flight Sim folder\.

No P3D, FSX or FS9 files are touched, not even "Panel.cfg" or "aircraft.cfg".

Also, run the app wizard, so that it edits "dll.xml" to get the sim to run fsInsider.dll without which MCE won't connect to the sim.

Troubleshooting simulator startup with MCE installed, is as simple as renaming "fsInsider.dll" to "NO-fsInsider.dll".

When you do that, not a single instruction related to MCE executes inside the sim. 

MCE itself (and the speech engine it hosts inside "mce.exe") run completely outside the simulator process for better stability and less usage of critical FS resources like VAS (which is sadly limited to 4 GB).

Many thanks Gerald,

I had installed it on one of the sim drives, I uninstalled it and put it in my main C drive and it works like a dream!

Thank you :)

Rob