Sign in to follow this  
Guest koorby

Vista Australis

Wow, the alpha pictures posted by Koorby at Vista Australis look amazing. And with Ultimate Terrain eventually being developed as well, it will be such a huge improvement over the default. All that is needed is a revamp of Sydney airport (and perhaps Brisbane and Melbourne too). Any takers?John.

Looks nice. It's about time Australia gets some nice scenery. Of course with ian thatcher's mesh, it looks nice.

There are actually many well done smaller airports for Australia by the likes of Ian Thatcher and John Ross. The default Sydney airport with the replacement jetways looks ok, and other major airport addons look ok too. Not exactly to the same level of detail as others though ;-)John.

And then there are the Westsim guys...We certainly are lucky to have Jarrad and Derek here in Western Australia. A brilliant combination of excellent freeware and unbelievable payware items.Go to...http://www.westsim.com.au/index.htmlCheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest koorby

Wow, sensational. I sure hope you are doing some customisation for the West.May I ask, what spec machine are you using to take those?CheersChris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

"Photobucket - bandwidth exceeded" :( Any chance you can post them elsewhere? I'd like to see them. It's the same on the Vista Australis forums btw.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest koorby

The "Bandwidth Exceeded" message is fixed - it was me being a cheapskate and using my free photobucket account to host the images. I've upgraded to a premium account and now it's all good.To answer Chris' question: these shots are taken on my "B" machine, ie. not my main FS rig. Specs are: Dell Latitude D610, 1.87Ghz Centrino, 1024MB RAM, ATI X300 64MB GPU, Windows XP Pro SP2. I am amazed the frame rate and quality I am getting out of the ATI X300 card. The original resolution is 1440x1050, and I resample it down to 800x600 and add a touch of sharpness to reflect what I'd see on my main rig with the 7800GTX card in it.To fly over this scenery on my main P4 3.6Ghz/7800GTX rig at 1920x1200 with AAX8, AFx16, all sliders maxxed and nVidia sharpness set to 2 - on a 24" flat panel monitor - well it's sublime - like watching an IMAX movie.

>To fly over this scenery on my main P4 3.6Ghz/7800GTX rig at>1920x1200 with AAX8, AFx16, all sliders maxxed and nVidia>sharpness set to 2 - on a 24" flat panel monitor - well it's>sublime - like watching an IMAX movie.Mate, this sounds like an awesome machine. BTW, do you ever get the blurries on such a monster?Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

>To fly over this scenery on my main P4 3.6Ghz/7800GTX rig at>1920x1200 with AAX8, AFx16, all sliders maxxed and nVidia>sharpness set to 2 - on a 24" flat panel monitor - well it's>sublime - like watching an IMAX movie.Now I KNOW I'm a second class citizen. What did you do, mortgage your house?MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest koorby

Heh! It was not that expensive a system really, plus the LCD panel was on special from Dell, so I snapped it up.To answer Chris, I rarely get blurries on either of my systems.

Guest koorby
Guest koorby

We will also have a switcher to allow you to swap VOZ in and out with a moouse click or two, and also we are including regions to cater for unique terrain textures in the North, South, Central and West regions.http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/koo...tcherGUI_V3.jpgThe aim of Vista Australis is for this to be a user-extensible platform to allow many unique and custom textures to be slotted into the framwork.