Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Very long load times

Thanks for all the comments and pointers guys. I will follow them all up.

Do you have W2XP scenery? That, combined with photoscenery can give long loading times, especially in Europe.

I do Tony, yes. I also use HD Mesh V3 for some areas, and mostly fly in Europe, so I guess that's the problem! :)

I have got xOrganiser - what a fantastic tool this is.   I would have paid money for this.

What I did do yesterday is delete my X-Plane preferences. (and let them build afresh then re-configure).  That alone, has reduced my loading time to around 9-10 minutes.   Still a little too long, but I guess the answer is I need to invest in an SSD.

Cheers.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks for all the comments and pointers guys. I will follow them all up.

I do Tony, yes. I also use HD Mesh V3 for some areas, and mostly fly in Europe, so I guess that's the problem! :)

I have got xOrganiser - what a fantastic tool this is.   I would have paid money for this.

What I did do yesterday is delete my X-Plane preferences. (and let them build afresh then re-configure).  That alone, has reduced my loading time to around 9-10 minutes.   Still a little too long, but I guess the answer is I need to invest in an SSD.

Cheers.

I had long load times when I had a very large CSL package installed. I edited the package down to just a few liveries and now X-plane loads relatively quickly.

I had long load times when I had a very large CSL package installed. I edited the package down to just a few liveries and now X-plane loads relatively quickly.

Sorry for question... But what means CSL package?

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

CSL's are a kind of Ai model used for online flight sim networks such as Vatsim.