Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

Virtual company addons

I'm looking into some of those "virtual" company addons that add some interesting aspects to FS. I tried FS Passengers long time ago in FS2004 times, in FSX I played around with FS Captain for a bit but than SimAir was announced around 2012 and decided to wait for that since it looked very promising and I respect REX as a developer very much, so it looked like a no brainer. Well, after 4 years I'm done waiting and decided I'll just go with what's on the market right now that being FS Passengers, FS Captain, FS Economy and Air hauler 2. Did I miss any? I know that each of those have some different functions but basically they all give you some purpose to flying and log your flights which is what I'm looking for. I fly GA and airliners (mostly GA lately though). Which one of those would you recommend these days?

For what its worth,I have the early access version of air hauler2 and its not bad,pretty easy to use and easy to understand

I cannot comment on the others,as i've never used them

Pete Little

For what its worth,I have the early access version of air hauler2 and its not bad,pretty easy to use and easy to understand

I cannot comment on the others,as i've never used them

Thanks! I'm looking at some videos on YT about AH2 right now. It looks interesting.

I'd be really interested to hear from somebody who tried most or even all of those and can compare experiences with those addons.

I have also been looking for company during my trips and for some destinations to fly to. I have tried them all (FS Passengers, FS Captain, FS Economy and Air Hauler 1and 2). FS Passengers creates a nice athmosphere on board but lacks a good economic model (first you get a number of passengers and then you decide where to take them). FS Captain is a sound program but never really appealed to me, I think because you only communicate via an ACARS-like instrument. FS Economy has a very nice economic model but offers no company at all. You feel very detached from that virtual world. Air Hauler is a great program and sometimes too absorbing for your real life! Version 2 is still under development but looks promising. Right now it is not as user-friendly as it could be, I hope this will improve. It doesn't add anything to the flying itself.

Currently I am using FS Passengers and Air Hauler 2 simultaneously. Not very realisic, I admit, but it gives you an economic aspect and the ambience whilst in the cockpit.

• Upvote 1