Sign in to follow this  
AvivBashan

ATC FPL

Hey there,

I've just got an OFP and there is something in the ATC FPL that I do not understand..

Here is the part that I don't understand: "IFP/MODEASP".

What's the meaning of IFP and MODEASP ? 

Regards

Aviv

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think it's IFP/MODESASP. According to the following quote this is automatically added to the flightplan by Eurocontrol's Integrated Initial Flight Plan Processing System:

The IFPS checks the profile of a flight to determine whether or not a Mode S equipped flight remains entirely within Mode S airspace and if so IFPS adds the IFP/MODESASP indicator to the flight plan distributed to ATC units.

[uR.FPL.SEQPT.002]new (added in CTOR)

The IFPS mechanisms should be adapted such that compliance with Mode S checking can be achieved when one or more of the indications 'E', 'H', 'L', ‘S’ or ‘I’ is present in Field 10b.

Source: page 18 of https://www.eurocontrol.int/sites/default/files/article/content/documents/nm/flight-planning/icao-2012/icao-2012-fpl-2012-urd-latest.pdf

• Upvote 1

I think it's IFP/MODESASP. According to the following quote this is automatically added to the flightplan by Eurocontrol's Integrated Initial Flight Plan Processing System:

Source: page 18 of https://www.eurocontrol.int/sites/default/files/article/content/documents/nm/flight-planning/icao-2012/icao-2012-fpl-2012-urd-latest.pdf

Got you, but I still don't understand for what the MODEASP stands for..

It 'means' what it says in the quote above.

I would imagine it is derived from 'MODE S AirSPace'.