Sign in to follow this  
Zjump

FSX won't start - crossover - mac

So I am on a mac, and need help. I have crossover installed - allows you to play windows games on mac. So I have bought FSX on steam and when I start it up, it gets stuck on the splash screen. When I searched the web, it said something about a logbook, but I have no logbook when I go and look in my files (it came with a explorer). So What to do? I have some photos of the explorer and stuff here:

I couldn't find a button the upload the files so here they are: http://imgur.com/a/yhBdi (yes i use imgur dont judge)...

BTW if yoi need more photos just ask me and I can show the files more detailed. As I said, there is no logbook idk why.

Oh yeah, I have fsx in my files, just saw the screenshot and it didn't show it lol

The Logbook.bin file would be in My Documents/Flight Simulator X Folder.  Just delete it and when you

restart FSX it should rebuild a new one.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The Logbook.bin file would be in My Documents/Flight Simulator X Folder.  Just delete it and when you

Yeah but when I go to my documents I need to go through the steam files thing to get there since i bought it on steam and then when i get there, there is no logbook!

And just saying I am NOT using windows! I am on a mac and using something called crossover!

Maybe FSX will not work with "Crossover".  You might need to use Bootcamp.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Still doesn't work... Please help me!

No way am I going back to bootcamp. I was just testing if it would work on my mac. Oh well, I already have a PC at home though so I will just play on there. Just like it better because macs are simpler and work better...

Maybe FSX will not work with "Crossover".  You might need to use Bootcamp.