Sign in to follow this  
CaptainLars

Dome Lights Strange Behaviour

Hi,

when I switch the dome lights to the middle position, the light goes on. Very good.

But when I turn it to the most right position for full brightness, the light stays as bright as it is, just seldomly and completely randomly it get's brighter. It's unpredictable when what happens. It even reverts all of a sudden from the bright state to the not-so-bright state without any knob movement.

Thoughts? Am I the only one with that problem?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

when I switch the dome lights to the middle position, the light goes on. Very good.

But when I turn it to the most right position for full brightness, the light stays as bright as it is, just seldomly and completely randomly it get's brighter. It's unpredictable when what happens. It even reverts all of a sudden from the bright state to the not-so-bright state without any knob movement.

Thoughts? Am I the only one with that problem?

The light is tied to the in-sim smoke system as a way to side-step some sim limitations. This effect will change depending on if the engines are on or off. Additionally, if you have any functions tied to the 'i' key on your keyboard, it can cause this sort of thing.

OK, but I don't think it has to do with the engines in my case. I'll take a look at the smoke key though.