Hello,

I have a plan to setup multiscreens / multi monitors for my fsx. In order to prepare a budget, I appreciate if you can advise me regarding the following:

1. Ideal Monitor sizes (planning to get the 40'')

2. preferred monitor type

3. best number of screens (3 or 4) for an approximately 180 degrees view

4. is there any required software to install

those are the preliminary questions :) , thanking you in advance for your cooperation.

With my best regards,

Just a quick comment, Steve.  You ultimately want an odd number of monitors for a 180* cockpit view so that the forward pilot's view will not be disturbed by monitor bezels.  With 4 monitors, and assuming they were arranged with the normal forward pilot view stretched across the middle two monitors, I don't believe you'd be pleased with the monitor bezels dividing the view.  Just a thought for your consideration.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Fastest and easiest is to have three identical monitors, plug them into an Nvidia graphics card and then select Surround in the Nvidia software. A little fiddling with resolutions and bezel corrections and you are done. I could never go back to a single screen, no matter how big, after having three.

Just a quick comment, Steve.  You ultimately want an odd number of monitors for a 180* cockpit view so that the forward pilot's view will not be disturbed by monitor bezels.  With 4 monitors, and assuming they were arranged with the normal forward pilot view stretched across the middle two monitors, I don't believe you'd be pleased with the monitor bezels dividing the view.  Just a thought for your consideration.

Thank you Doug for your advice, well noted.

Fastest and easiest is to have three identical monitors, plug them into an Nvidia graphics card and then select Surround in the Nvidia software. A little fiddling with resolutions and bezel corrections and you are done. I could never go back to a single screen, no matter how big, after having three.

Thank you Paul, can you please share me the type/size of the monitors you are using, and how far i can go in term of monitor size?