Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

Settings

Guest SHAZ

I was just wondering at what speeds your planes take off. I recently purchased a Radeon X800 and the game seems wierd. Planes take off at 170, they incline to maximum speeds of 500 in about 30 seconds. They don't land properly and it's all scrwed up. Is there somethings in the setting that I should change? At first I thought it was my joystick, but I tried my other one and that isn't the problem. Can anyone PLLLLLEASE HELP ME!!!Thank YOU SO MUCH!

What planes, Shaz? The takeoff speed of a fully laden 747, for example, is quite different to a Cessna C172.Are you new to simming? I suggest a visit to the Learning Center in FS2004 would be useful for you, as there's some excellent information there on each aircraft and flying procedures.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest SHAZ

Hey,No I'm not new to Flight Sim. All my planes seem screwed up. A 737 loaded takes off at 170. The game seems to speedy. I was thinking maybe my settings are wrong or something else is going wrong. I can't land either, without going in a downard angle (737, 747, you name it).

Guest allcott

Have you checked the trim settings?Allcott

170 is a bit high for a 737. If you've programmed you weights and fuel correctly you should be rotating in the region of 130kts. (around about!) with an initial climb out on V2 + 15 at around 150-160(ish)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I don't know why a video card would have anything to do with it

Guest SHAZ

>Have you checked the trim settings?>>AllcottI just saw taht the Altitude Indicator shows a purple arrow about 20 degrees to the right. i tried changing the trim and pitch and the arrow remains on the right still, without moving. This is really strange. It worked well before. I tried uninstalling it 4 times and still no progression. I just don't know what to do!

Guest allcott

Shaz, I know you say you are not new to simming but your reply suggest you are not quite as knowledgable yet as some of the more experienced visitors to this site. If I were you I would go back to some of the FS tutorials and follow the take-off procedures outlined in them to the letter, as well as take some of the early lessons on the function of the control surfaces and instrumentation. I think you're missing something simple, but it's going to take so long to explain it that you might actually find it for yourself quicker than we can figure it out!But I'm sure you will figure it out!For what it's worth my advice, as a real pilot as well as a simmmer, is that planes don't take off, pilots do. The 737 doesn't have an automatic take-off function, so if it won't get off the runway until 170 knots, then it's the pilot who needs to change something! Allcott